Roll call - May 3/10 Venice to Rome

RosseauGirl

Hi, yes my mother and her friend will be joining you, they are arriving in Venice early and will be having a couple of days there before embarkation.

They are first time SS cruisers, but I have been sold on the small ship lines for some time, and have encouraged them to go for this as I think they will have a wonderful time. A lovely intinerary too!!

My husband and I will be on this cruise. I just discovered this site today and we are new to the Silversea Line. We are adding 2 nights in Rome. Is there any interest in sharing private tours in Rome and Sorrento?

Our previous cruises were many years ago--one in Hawaii and one in the Carribbean.

I'm looking forward to picking up useful info and tips from the site.

Ann

Hello Ann

Wonderful! :D I was starting to think that no one else was going with us! We did Rome to Athens on the Wind in 08, and are looking forward to visiting some of our favourite ports. We were in Sorrento last time, but took a trip to Pompeii (which was amazing), so this time we are going to either wander around Sorrento, drive the Amalfi, or head to Capri - we just can't seem to decide. We will also be in Rome for a few days afterwards; I plan on spending as much time as possible soaking up the atmosphere on the Terraces of Il Palazzetto or shopping on Via Condotti!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Michele

Hi Michele-

Thanks for the response. :) We,too, were undecided about Sorrento. At first, we thought "Pompeii, of course". But we have several friends who can't say enough about the Amalfi Coast. So we're making inquiries about a private 5 hour tour of the coast with a stop in Positano and possibly other towns in the area.

We're a little leery about venturing out on our own since this is our first trip to Europe. We're looking at two companies: Through Eternity (who will probably handle our Rome itinerary) and AP Tours for Sorrento.

I will anxiously await any words of wisdom you might have!

Ann

• 3 weeks later...

Have taken delivery of our travel documents and are eagerly looking forward to our first Silversea Cruise. We will be in Rome for 2 nights post cruise and are looking for fellow travelers who want to share private tours that have been booked with Through Eternity.

Wow, Michele! Hope things clear up! We are flying to Venice with a transfer through Vienna. I hope that all on our cruise experience a trouble free flight.

We can hardly wait (even though there is still a lot to do to prepare)!

Archived