My first price drop

Was on my roll call and one of the posters mentioned a price drop for our sailing(explorer 10/28). I booked a JS (center hump) so i went to the web page and checked it out and wow what a price drop, i called and saved a total of $800. the original price i booked at was 1949, today that was the price for the grand suite and the junior suites were going for 1549. The CVP asked if i wanted the GS but i said i want to keep my center hump.

This is the first price drop in all my 10 cruises ever. I was so excited just wanted to share after reading the boards for the last couple years, now i know how all of you felt when you got a drop.

Michele

was on my roll call and one of the posters mentioned a price drop for our sailing(explorer 10/28). I booked a js (center hump) so i went to the web page and checked it out and wow what a price drop, i called and saved a total of $800. The original price i booked at was 1949, today that was the price for the grand suite and the junior suites were going for 1549. The cvp asked if i wanted the gs but i said i want to keep my center hump.

This is the first price drop in all my 10 cruises ever. I was so excited just wanted to share after reading the boards for the last couple years, now i know how all of you felt when you got a drop.

Michele

Take the grand suite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was on my roll call and one of the posters mentioned a price drop for our sailing(explorer 10/28). I booked a JS (center hump) so i went to the web page and checked it out and wow what a price drop, i called and saved a total of $800. the original price i booked at was 1949, today that was the price for the grand suite and the junior suites were going for 1549. The CVP asked if i wanted the GS but i said i want to keep my center hump.

Michele

I know the feeling!! Isn't it great? I decided to save $$ instead of upgrading too as the $$ meant more to me than the cabin. Way to go!!:D

We are on the 11/28 EOS sailing and this past Friday caught our price drop for a JS. Saved $1,100!! We also stuck with our JS. We loved our JS on AOS and is plenty of room for the 2 of us so we did not upgrade to a GS either. The amenities are not worth the extra cost.

Just a reminder to everyone, keep checking the prices.

..in July. It's high season on a newer, large ship and whew....more than i'm used to even for an inside; but three weeks ago, price dropped about 200 for a total savings of $400...

(the lowest fare is STILL 2, 448)....so hoping for another; but I hear the ship is starting to fill up.

mitch

I love price drops!!! Last week we got our biggest one ever. We moved from an outside to an inside (we really don't care about the window with this amount of $ savings) and now have $660 OBC. Add that to our $200 OBC for booking while on a previous cruise, and we are thrilled!

Makes you feel empowered, doesn't it!!!

Michele

Addictive, isn't it?

I can't believe you've never had a price drop in 10 cruises. I've had multiple price drops on EVERY cruise I"ve taken . . . except the one that was a holiday week.

Take the grand suite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No way! If you were satisifed with the room category when you booked it, stick with it. Take the money!

I love price drops!!! Last week we got our biggest one ever. We moved from an outside to an inside (we really don't care about the window with this amount of $ savings) and now have $660 OBC. Add that to our $200 OBC for booking while on a previous cruise, and we are thrilled!

Makes you feel empowered, doesn't it!!!

How do you find price drops? When do they typically happen? Thanks for the info.

How do you find price drops? When do they typically happen? Thanks for the info.

All you need to do is to go online to the RCCL website and look up the specific cruise you are booked on. You can then compare the current prices to the price you paid when you booked. One word of warning, be sure you ARE NOT logged in when doing this as we've heard of some accidental booking nightmares.

If you see the price has dropped, call RCCL and they will adjust your final payment. If you have already made your final payment then you will receive OBC's.

There is no rhyme to reason as to when pricess are dropped. I believe ours was no other reason than it hasn't booked to where they would like it to be at this time.

All you need to do is to go online to the RCCL website and look up the specific cruise you are booked on. You can then compare the current prices to the price you paid when you booked. One word of warning, be sure you ARE NOT logged in when doing this as we've heard of some accidental booking nightmares.

If you see the price has dropped, call RCCL and they will adjust your final payment. If you have already made your final payment then you will receive OBC's.

There is no rhyme to reason as to when pricess are dropped. I believe ours was no other reason than it hasn't booked to where they would like it to be at this time.

too late. looked while logged on. The cruise had gone UP $749 is a chunk of change for an inside room on a 5 night cruise. sheesh.

so do you get the cash or just onboard credits

If a price reduction occurs prior to final payment, the amount of the reduction is taken off the cruise fare. You have to call to get the reduced fare, it is not automatic.

If a price reduction occurs after final payment, then it is issued in the form of an OBC. If not used, it is totally refundable.

Michele

Congrats! It pays to watch those prices!

Thanks to HappyShelly we too we able to take advantage of the price drop for the 10/28/10 EOS out of Cape Liberty.

We had only recently (within the last 10 days) paid for an upgrade from a deck 2 outside cabin to an E2 balcony. We bit the bullet to do so and we able to factor in a balcony discount. With the price drop, we are actually paying less for the balcony than we were paying for our outside cabin.

Like others, we've see the prices go up and never down since sailings out of the NY area always tend to sell out faster than others and tend to be priced higher.

Considering we are doing a 9-day sailing with Princess to the Caribbean (different ports except for St. Thomas) in May/June with substantially lower pricing, we could not understand why RCI would charge so much more. The Princess balcony was way less than the RCI outside cabin. Now, they are about the same.

I guess as long as passengers are willing to pay higher prices, RCI will try to get as much as they can. When the cabins aren't selling, that's when the prices will drop.

MARAPRINCE

Michele

Just curious what does "Center Hump" mean. I've heard that a few times and have no idea. Thanks.

Just curious what does "Center Hump" mean. I've heard that a few times and have no idea. Thanks.

Good question. The Radiance class ships have a bump-out at the middle of the ship that is referred to here on CC as the "hump." Some cabin balconies face forward, some straight out (center hump) and some face towards the back. They are highly coveted by a lot of us.

If you look at the Explorer, the hump is the section of the ship that bows out, the center hump is the one in the middle. The hump cabins are a great location since the stairs and the elevators are right there,makes getting places so much easier.

Michele

Archived