My first price drop

Good question. The Radiance class ships have a bump-out at the middle of the ship that is referred to here on CC as the "hump." Some cabin balconies face forward, some straight out (center hump) and some face towards the back. They are highly coveted by a lot of us.

I had a side hump on my last Explorer trip 2 years ago. This trip i booked a junior suite and when i found out a center hump was available i grabbed it. With the price drop yesterday what i booked my cabin at is now the same price as a grand suite, i decided to keep the junior suite and reduce my final payment by $800.

I had a side hump on my last Explorer trip 2 years ago. This trip i booked a junior suite and when i found out a center hump was available i grabbed it. With the price drop yesterday what i booked my cabin at is now the same price as a grand suite, i decided to keep the junior suite and reduce my final payment by $800.

You go girl!!!!!!

Was on my roll call and one of the posters mentioned a price drop for our sailing(explorer 10/28). I booked a JS (center hump) so i went to the web page and checked it out and wow what a price drop, i called and saved a total of $800. the original price i booked at was 1949, today that was the price for the grand suite and the junior suites were going for 1549. The CVP asked if i wanted the GS but i said i want to keep my center hump.

This is the first price drop in all my 10 cruises ever. I was so excited just wanted to share after reading the boards for the last couple years, now i know how all of you felt when you got a drop.

Michele

Congratulations!! That is just awesome...$800 is a huge amount...I know I would be thrilled! Enjoy your new found "wealth".

I had also seen it mentioned on my roll call thread about a price drop so I checked our sailing and then called my TA and ours dropped $100. per person for a 200. total drop. That was good since we had only booked this cruise about 3 weeks ago! I am happy and will keep my eye on it but doubt it is likely to go down much more since it was already a decent price. MJN

I had also seen it mentioned on my roll call thread about a price drop so I checked our sailing and then called my TA and ours dropped $100. per person for a 200. total drop. That was good since we had only booked this cruise about 3 weeks ago! I am happy and will keep my eye on it but doubt it is likely to go down much more since it was already a decent price. MJN

I booked our cruise a week before the price drop, that was why i was so surprised.

Michele

When do price drops usually happen? Is there a time of day that the website is updated or is it something that you have to keep checking throughout the day? Also, how long do they usually last?

Thanks again for all the help.

This will be my first cruise and I am still not clear on this price drop thing. We booked through priceline and have not made our final payment. So are you saying that if I go to the Royal Caribbean website and find that the price for my room type has droped below what I agreed to pay on priceline, that I can call Royal Caribbean and get money off what I still owe? Or do I only get the price drop if I booked throu RC or a TA? Thanks for any help with this...I would love to save some money!

Was on my roll call and one of the posters mentioned a price drop for our sailing(explorer 10/28). I booked a JS (center hump) so i went to the web page and checked it out and wow what a price drop, i called and saved a total of $800. the original price i booked at was 1949, today that was the price for the grand suite and the junior suites were going for 1549. The CVP asked if i wanted the GS but i said i want to keep my center hump.

This is the first price drop in all my 10 cruises ever. I was so excited just wanted to share after reading the boards for the last couple years, now i know how all of you felt when you got a drop.

Michele

KUDOS to our roll call board! I scored on the price drop too!! Woot Woot! :D

This will be my first cruise and I am still not clear on this price drop thing. We booked through priceline and have not made our final payment. So are you saying that if I go to the Royal Caribbean website and find that the price for my room type has droped below what I agreed to pay on priceline, that I can call Royal Caribbean and get money off what I still owe? Or do I only get the price drop if I booked throu RC or a TA? Thanks for any help with this...I would love to save some money!

I would call Priceline if you can. Since the price can go back up at any time you may consider putting a "hold" on another cabin direct through RC website with the new price in case you can't get in touch with Priceline. They will "hold" that cabin until midnight the next day. If you are able to talk to Priceline you can ask if they honor price drops as you saw the price of your category cabin has gone down on the RC website. I don't know if you can cancel your booking with Priceline or if they charge for canceling but that could be another route to go if they won't give you the credit. Then book direct with RC.

I would call Priceline if you can. Since the price can go back up at any time you may consider putting a "hold" on another cabin direct through RC website with the new price in case you can't get in touch with Priceline. They will "hold" that cabin until midnight the next day. If you are able to talk to Priceline you can ask if they honor price drops as you saw the price of your category cabin has gone down on the RC website. I don't know if you can cancel your booking with Priceline or if they charge for canceling but that could be another route to go if they won't give you the credit. Then book direct with RC.

Thanks for the info. I guess we will just try calling and remember to book directly through RC next time. Can't wait for this cruise no matter what the price ends up being!

I just realized that I never thanked the many members here for my recent price drops. Like all the veterans advised....just keep checking on the web. I checked weekly.

We are a group of 6 and the price has dropped twice. Once before final payment and once after. Savings range from $600 to $1600 per cabin. I might add that we were never given a problem by RCCL. They applied the reductions (and on board credits) without hesitation.

Thanks everyone so much for this and other great advise over the year. I cannot buy you all a drink so I will try to help other new members in the future.

Cheers.

Michele

And a Happy St. Patricks Day to all

Can someone tell me whether there would need to be a 3-4 berth cabin available inorder to get the price drop. In other words, if I see that an inside k grade cabin price for 1st & 2nd guests has reduced below the rate I paid but there are only 2 berths available and no 3-4 berths would I get a price drop?

I'm sure that's as clear as mud:o it's late:)

Can someone tell me whether there would need to be a 3-4 berth cabin available inorder to get the price drop. In other words' date=' if I see that an inside k grade cabin price for 1st & 2nd guests has reduced below the rate I paid but there are only 2 berths available and no 3-4 berths would I get a price drop?

I'm sure that's as clear as mud:o it's late:)[/quote']

Yes you would get the price drop. It's not like you're changing cabins, just the price changed. Call before the price goes back up and call again if the price goes down again.

Just saved $100 bucks on half of our b2b in may....maybe if it goes down again, or if the 1st leg drops, we can scrape up enough to do a b2b2b!!:eek::p:D

and i told the peeps on my roll call too!!!

This is only the 2nd time i've found a drop on Ex too...

Archived