How dark are the inside rooms?

AandBmom

I used to stay in a Mountain cabin owned by some friends. All the rooms in the back had no windows at all so it was bat cave dark. The family used a few feet of rope light along the floor leading to the door.

It was the perfect night light.

Along those lines in you are into decorating your room, bring along some LED xmas lights and they can be both decor and nightlights

I know my cell phone has an alarm clock mode that then display will stay on (as long as its plugged in charging) and show the time in large digits like a digital clock.

The more I think about it.... If you decorate the back of your door with a few LED xmas lights it should provide enough light for late night BR trips still not intrude on your sleep. Make sure they are LED lights ...low power and low heat.

How about a battery operated candle? I think Glade makes them. You can use it with or without the scented spray. :)

That's a genius idea! I just may try that. I think I'll also try to pick up a battery operated digital clock. I could use a watch or my phone or something, but I want something that I can display for all of us (including the kids) to use.

I think I found two great solutions today at Walmart. I bought a travel LED battery operated clock. I has an alarm and everything. (I don't plan to use an alarm on this trip but may on other trips).

I also bought one of those LED dotlights that you can set or stick anywhere and they offer light for several hours. The one I bought has a dim setting too. I thought I'd set this in the bathroom. I also picked up a two-pack (for $2.47) of LED fake tealights which I thought I could set somewhere if needed. Hopefully this helps our whole family know the time and find our way around the cabin without turning on big bright lights at night!

A couple of you mentioned adapters for the plug in. Are the outlets on the ship three pronged, or are they two pronged and I need an adapter for my three pronged power strip? This will be our first cruise (Victory in mid-May....soooo excited!), and I'd hate to take a power strip and have no way to plug it in. We have ipods, a kindle, camera batteries to charge, etc.

Thanks!

We usually get a OV room but also get light assorted electronic devices in the room. I don't like to be in the bathroom without the lights on so I take those little fake voltive candles you can get at the dollar store. I put one in the bathroom and one next to the bed. usually on the little ledge if there is one. If I wake up I tap it and can see enough of the room to get around and tap the one in the bathroom. enough light to see but not too much. I don't think the outlets work in the bathroom with out the light on.

I always give my son a little flashlight so he can see something, read without disturbing others, see to go to bathroom, etc. It's dark! Think 3 walled closet with a door except the light under the door. We like it. Never opened the blinds for the window once.

So I'm guessing with no natural light streaming in that the room is pitch black. Is that correct or is there any sort of night-light in the room?

I like to have a dim light on so I can see my kids in the middle of the night and so the kids can find their way to the bathroom. Is there something in the cabin that provides a light like this or should I pack a night light?

We're on the Imagination if that makes a difference.

leave the bathroom light on with the door closed.

leave the bathroom light on with the door closed.

But then when you go into the bathroom in the middle of the night you get blinded by a bright light and the light spills out into the cabin waking everyone else up.

But then when you go into the bathroom in the middle of the night you get blinded by a bright light and the light spills out into the cabin waking everyone else up.

.......Unless you turn the light out before you open the door. :p

.......Unless you turn the light out before you open the door. :p

......but then you'd be trying to go pee in a pitch black bathroom.

Have you seen the commercial where there is a little boy peeing standing up and he turns to the right when his mom calls his name and the pee goes everywhere. Picture my 4 and 6 year old boys peeing in the dark. They'd freak out or they'd pee everywhere. Poor cabin steward.

The other trick we have learned depends on the TV stations available on the ship. If you have a channel that shows just the "bow cam" and nothing else, we turn it on with the sound down. It is dark at night and then shows progressively more light as it gets light outside. Otherwise, we might sleep until noon!

We do this as well.

Archived