How dark are the inside rooms?

AandBmom

I Love The Bat Caves!

However, I'm in a 4J on my upcoming trip so we will have some natural light. I really love to sleep in pitch blackness as it makes it much easier for me to fall and stay asleep. Stray light wakes me up. I'll be having my sleep mask on for sure this trip!

We always book inside for that very reason.

I always wake up before my wife so we never sleep longer then we want.

Plus we save quite a lot of money.:D

I've been in an inside cabin once.....and i remember laying in bed with my hand 6 inches from my face AND I COULDN'T SEE IT.

It was pretty wild.....I like the dark when i sleep so it was fine....but i remember thinking...holy moly...I can't even see my hand:cool:

Honestly...I'm hooked on balcony cabins....but wish i could have the inside darkness when i sleep:D

Now that i have my DD.....I would definately need some type of light:( to keep her happy;)

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up getting upgraded to an oceanview anyway, but I did still love having my little battery candles and my DOT light. I kept the DOT light in the bathroom near the mirror. It gave off the perfect amount of light so we didn't have to turn on the big bathroom light in the middle of the night. The bathroom doors on the Carnival Imagination can stick open on a magnet thing so we left the door open all night long and the dim light showed the way to the bathroom perfectly.

The candles were used to light up my LED travel clock (I thought it would light up on it's own but I was wrong) and another one just sat on the desk area to give some very dim light to see the kids and be able move about the cabin at night without walking into something.

I highly recommend bringing these items.

So I'm guessing with no natural light streaming in that the room is pitch black. Is that correct or is there any sort of night-light in the room?

I like to have a dim light on so I can see my kids in the middle of the night and so the kids can find their way to the bathroom. Is there something in the cabin that provides a light like this or should I pack a night light?

We're on the Imagination if that makes a difference.

I plan to book insides in the future (save the money). Sounds like a nite light would be a good idea. :)

I love the battery operated candles. I light one each night in the bathroom. Put one in front of a mirror and it doubles the light. Put one in the room, and one in the bathroom next to the mirror and I don't even have to turn on any lights. We will be doing a port hole room next cruise....does this allow alot of light in? Personally the thought of being able to sleep all night without the cats jumping on me and alarms going off sounds wonderful.

I have a great idea to make inside cabins more enjoyable (or at least I think this would work). There should be a flatscreen TV on the wall that looks like a fake window. Then the default setting for a channel should be a camera view that you would get off a balcony cabin. It would give the impression of natural light and would help the guests feel like they have a real window. It would also help let the guests know if it's night or day. It's close to the idea of putting the regular TV on the ship's camera channel, but make it just more like a window. What does everyone think?

LOL Disney's two new boats are doing exactly this in all their inside staterooms, called a virtual porthole

I remember my grandpa saying that out in the country where their house was, it was so dark at night you could touch your eyeball LOL. That's what our one and only inside cabin was like.

We always take a couple of battery operated candles with us, even though we typically book balconies. It gets dark in there, and I can't stand to have the bathroom door open and swinging.

I strategically place them around the cabin - one in the bathroom, one on the vanity, one right next to my daughter's head (she likes a night light). Works like a charm.

We used the 'bow cam' channel too. Just enough light so you can make your way to the bathroom.

That is a GREAT idea!

I wish we had thought of that when we had our inside room. It was soooo dark - and kinda creepy - like being in a closet. Using that channel would have really helped!!

Archived