Silver Whisper/Shadow

tntpatriot

Is the motion very pronounced on these size ships? I know the rule of mid-ship and lower decks means less motion, but was considering Deck 9 mid-ship.

Always the lower the better!

My suite on the Whisper was 411 (down in the dungeons, right at the bow of the ship:D).

I spent some time in the Royal Suite which was much higher up and I felt a lot of motion and it was in relatively calm weather:eek:. When I went back to my suite....I liked the dungeon much better.

So for me, being a very poor sailor indeed, a mid ship Vista would be my ideal suite!

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Agree with Ging466, if you are remotely troubled by motion sickness then the dungeons are by far and away the best place to be. On the Whisper/Shadow try and get Vista suites 434, 432. The ones on the other side 439, 437 are closer to the centre but can be a bit noisier.

Plus there is a huge added bonus, no verandas and therefore no rabid anti smokers to worry about.

Plus there is a huge added bonus, no verandas and therefore no rabid anti smokers to worry about.

Damn it Silver Spectre, u've gone and told everyone my little secret...now I won't be able to get a suite in the dungeons anymore! :D:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Always the lower the better!

My suite on the Whisper was 411 (down in the dungeons, right at the bow of the ship:D).

I spent some time in the Royal Suite which was much higher up and I felt a lot of motion and it was in relatively calm weather:eek:. When I went back to my suite....I liked the dungeon much better.

So for me, being a very poor sailor indeed, a mid ship Vista would be my ideal suite!

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Thanks so much Jennifer - I am booked in suite 431 on the Whisper - in the dungeons as well :) - my TA told me that was a good room because it was low and in the middle - and not right next to The Restaurant and laundry. I'll gladly take this room :)

Thanks so much Jennifer - I am booked in suite 431 on the Whisper - in the dungeons as well :) - my TA told me that was a good room because it was low and in the middle - and not right next to The Restaurant and laundry. I'll gladly take this room :)

Hi Laura

431 is perfect...u can't go wrong. Happy sailing!

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

LauraBK - We had 429 on the Shadow last fall in Alaska - loved it!

Try and avoid 409 to 415 if possible, they all get quite a lot of noise from the bow thrusters when docking, and there is also an engine hum at around the same time.

Plus, 409 has a reduced size vanity desk/mirror unit, with 1/2 sized cabinets on the right hand side.

Other than that they are no different from any other dungeon.

Try and avoid 409 to 415 if possible, they all get quite a lot of noise from the bow thrusters when docking, and there is also an engine hum at around the same time.

Other than that they are no different from any other dungeon.

Agree, I had 411 and it did get a little noisy at times but I got used to it fairly quickly and it didn't bother me.

U know what I really didn't like, the door bell...it was that horrible buzzer thing...every time someone pressed it, I wud literally jump out of my skin.

However all that aside, it was the most luxurious dungeon that I've ever stayed in and wud be extremely happy if I was thrown in there again.:D:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Hi there, we are booked on the Whisper on her 2nd September crossing from Soton to New York and really looking forward to it.

Previously, we have crossed either much further south on the Cloud or by the regular ferry QM2.....

My partner and I love the smaller ships, and always enjoy S Sea crossings, mainny because the passengers are always so friendly. However, this is a northerly track and I know the weather will be unpredictable. Are these good sea-boats? (Sorry if this has been asked before).

Is anyone else planning this crossing?

Cheers?

J.

Hi there, we are booked on the Whisper on her 2nd September crossing from Soton to New York and really looking forward to it.

Previously, we have crossed either much further south on the Cloud or by the regular ferry QM2.....

My partner and I love the smaller ships, and always enjoy S Sea crossings, mainny because the passengers are always so friendly. However, this is a northerly track and I know the weather will be unpredictable. Are these good sea-boats? (Sorry if this has been asked before).

Is anyone else planning this crossing?

Cheers?

J.

Us kittens are also booked on this crossing.

The Shadow and Whisper both handle pretty well in bad weather, but as said before, if you are concerned go for mid-ships and lower rather than higher. The suites 701 & 702 are wonderful to sail in until it gets rough.

Hi there,

Many thanks for that Kittens!

We are soooo looking forward to returning to S Sea after having tried a few other lines.......

On our last repositioning trip, we had 541 (I think) on the Cloud and it was a smooth ride.

I did recall our stewardess saying that they all dreaded servicing the suites at the front! I'll settle with low down mid-ships!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on board in Sept. :)

The Whisper looks a lovely ship.

J.

Hi there,

Many thanks for that Kittens!

We are soooo looking forward to returning to S Sea after having tried a few other lines.......

On our last repositioning trip, we had 541 (I think) on the Cloud and it was a smooth ride.

I did recall our stewardess saying that they all dreaded servicing the suites at the front! I'll settle with low down mid-ships!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on board in Sept. :)

The Whisper looks a lovely ship.

J.

The Whisper is lovely! We can let you know in about a month what the weather and seas are like going the other way on the Spirit on April 23rd. We expect it to be cool to cold, but that's OK.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you ging466, I've had a look on Bart de Boer's site and she looks perfect!

And thank you chicagogal, hope you have a great trip on the Spirit. A friend of ours did the maiden transatlantic in January and thoroughly enjoyed it. Apparently, the hot stones on deck are fantastic are fantastic!

Have a great trip. :)

And thank you chicagogal, hope you have a great trip on the Spirit. A friend of ours did the maiden transatlantic in January and thoroughly enjoyed it. Apparently, the hot stones on deck are fantastic are fantastic!

Have a great trip. :)

Thanks PS Caledonia. We are really looking forward to our crossing too, and that includes trying the hot stones restaurant (weather permitting)

We are just back a bit over a week from the Shadow. They have the pool grille up and running at night, but no stone cooking. Our cruise was filled with the corporate staff, and one of them said the stone cooking will probably be offered in the future.

Archived