What to do, a day in Cozumel

chrisuletz

Hi, we'll have a day in Cozumel, it's out first ever cruise, first time in Cozumel, 2 couples of thirty-somethings. We'd like something a bit different than just laying on the beach. We normally like adventure, but my wife is pregnant, so we can't do much... What should we do? Mayan ruins seem to be too far. What's the best combo we can do for a day so we don't get bored? I heard Chankanaab, is that fun?

Thank you!!

Chjeck the threads here for hiring a driver for the day, and go to the East side. Assuming your wife can sit in a car/van comfortably. so hire out someone like Gerry at cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com or rent a jeep/car and drive around. For a nice short look at Mexican culture, there's Discover Mexico, a short cab ride from the piers with exhibits and historical information. Or just head into San Miguel and enjoy a nice lunch and people watch on the Plaza. Casa Denis, La Choza, or if you want to navigate the staris, Cafe Leeza or Especias are nice spots to hit.

Thanks for the tips, I wrote to Gerry since he has so many good reviews here.

Carnival Valor

If you want to see ruins, Gerry can take you to San Gervasio on Coz. These ruins are small but interesting. (Since the wifey is already expecting I can tell you that it was a place the ladies came to for fertility.):rolleyes:

The places to eat that crewsweeper recommended are all great.

Chank is great if you want to snorkel from shore. It is a pretty place with decent food and good service. Gerry can give you more ideas.

The Valor is nice. We sailed on her last December. I envy you.;)

Archived