Trans-Atlantic Cruises

LV2COOK

We are booked on a TA cruise in May. I am wondering how full the ships are for these long cruises? What types of activities are there for the sea days? Do they typically serve breakfast and lunch in the MDR on those sea days?

You don't indicate a cruise line. We did two 18 day TA's back to back on the Tahitian Princess last summer and both were full. We also did a 32 day cruise from Cape Town to Singapore in the fall on the same ship and it was also full.

Princess has guest lectures, bridge, bingo, galley tours, afternoon tea, trivia and other games, wine tasting and a number of other activities on sea days.

You will usually find an older crowd on sailings over 7 nights (over 50). The younger folk’s book shorter cruises due to work and kids. We sailed 17 nights trans-Atlantic from Barcelona, the average age of our fellow passengers was 73. Most of the activities are geared toward the demographic. There was lots of Trivia, Golf & bridge tournaments, Bingo, guest speakers, cooking demos etc. We were in our mid 40's when we took that cruise, and we had a blast, and learned lots about cruising, ports and destinations all over the world from our well traveled fellow passengers. The cruise staff kept it fun even for the few younger folks. I'm sure you will have a good time. I've never had a bad cruise; some were better than others but never a bad one.

Trans-Atlantic cruises usually sail full or nearly full, and it's been our experiance that all meals are available in the main dining rooms.

We are booked on a TA cruise in May. I am wondering how full the ships are for these long cruises? What types of activities are there for the sea days? Do they typically serve breakfast and lunch in the MDR on those sea days?

You will definitely find a mix of ages on your transatlantic. My wife and I sailed a 17-day transatlantic New York to Rome on the Noordam and we met a variety of interesting and fun people of all ages.

As Paul mentioned there will be a variety of activities to keep you busy during the day. Also, it's a nice time to relax before you arrive in Europe and spend time touring around.

Jonathan

Archived