Adventure Ocean questions..

JENANDGENE

Can someone tell me a little more about how it works?

I have looked at a bunch of the compasses others have listed and it seems they have activities from roughly 9am to 10pm (with exceptions of course)...

Can your child come and sign in and out as s/he pleases?? Can you go for an hour here and there or do you have to attend a whole "session" (morning/afternoon/evening)?

How does signing in and out work? They give you pagers right? If I have 2 children in 2 different groups (1 Explorer/ 1 Aquanaut) do they give you two or "program" both on one?

And most of all... How did your kids enjoy it? How much time did they want to spend there? My kids will be 4 and 6 when we sail!!

You can sign in/out your child whenever you like. I have never been given a pager on RCCL. DS was 4 on our last sailing. No pager. However, we were often in and out of the cabin, so they could have reached us there easily. DS4 wants to LIVE on a ship after his experience with AO. He was also first in line on the first day. He'd previously been in Camp Carnival, so he knew what to expect. :D

Can anyone tell me if you can leave your kids in the care of AO while you disembark and enjoy a day on the island... if they don't want to join in on an excursion? My boys are 9 and 11.

:confused:

Can anyone tell me if you can leave your kids in the care of AO while you disembark and enjoy a day on the island... if they don't want to join in on an excursion? My boys are 9 and 11.

:confused:

You can, but I would not permit them to have sign-out privileges for that day - wouldn't want them signing out and wandering the ship on their own if I'm not on it. Just something to consider.

it seems they have activities from roughly 9am to 10pm (with exceptions of course)...

YES they are open in the morning, then break for lunch (for 2 hrs) then back in until around 5pm I think, then break for dinner (or your kids sign up and have dinner with AO, you pay a fee for this) and then after dinner they can go back in until 10pm... after 10 is the late night party (you pay a fee for this).

Can your child come and sign in and out as s/he pleases?? Can you go for an hour here and there or do you have to attend a whole "session" (morning/afternoon/evening)?

Your kids don't have to attend the whole time. You can drop them and pick them up whenever you like... you just sign in and off they go. You have to sign them out as well (make sure you have your card with you at both times).

How does signing in and out work? They give you pagers right? If I have 2 children in 2 different groups (1 Explorer/ 1 Aquanaut) do they give you two or "program" both on one?

On our cruise the pagers were not working. I had an explorer and an aquanaut and we just checked in from time to time.... our kids always told us "I'm not done yet, go away mommy!"

And most of all... How did your kids enjoy it? How much time did they want to spend there? My kids will be 4 and 6 when we sail!!

My boys were 8 and 4 when we sailed last summer... they LOVED Adventure Ocean. My little guy who had no experience with daycare/preschool was hesitant at first but once he went in, he didn't want to come back out! He would open his eyes each morning and the first thing out of his mouth was "can I go to the kids club?". My usual response was "can you eat breakfast with your family first?". The kids would chow their breakfast and were ready to go immediately! We picked them up each night at 10pm and they were always asking to stay late. So I guess you could say they enjoyed it!

You were thinking about Freedom right? Freedom uses Dect phones, not pagers. So you will be given one for the younger child. And you can leave the number for the older one. That's what I always do. ;)

And no, your children are too young to "sign in and out as they please" -- you will have to sign them in and out. But yes, you can sign them in and out throughout the day. They don't have to stay the entire day. There are a few times that they aren't allowed to sign in/out of -- like during the pirate parade -- no signing in and out during that. That's just for safety reasons.

If you want them to eat with the kids club on the two nights they are offering it, make sure you get them signed up on the morning of the dinner. They'll hold it in Johnny Rockets -- no added charge. Usually on the first formal night and one other night. Space is limited.

Question!! I have friends that are cruising on the Majesty. Is there any charge to go to AO after dinner?

There's no charge until 10:00 pm. After that, there is an hourly fee. (AO is open until 1.)

Archived