Spa question Poesia or MSC in general

vijoge

I've read a lot about the unobtrusive service on MSC and I certainly won't mind not being hounded to purchase the "drink of the day in your very own souvineer glass!" etc.

I enjoy having a massage while on a cruise, or at least I would were it not for the constant attempt to sell me lotions, creams, etc. that are guaranteed to cure everything from migrains to dishpan hands to waxy yellow buildup on my kitchen floor.

I finally quit getting massages after it was strongly suggested that I spend about $35 for a lotion so powerful that one drop, rubbed anywhere on my body, would remove all the excess fluid from my abdomen! I'm pretty sure that isn't fluid, honey. . .:rolleyes:

Is this as much of an issue on MSC ships as it has been on other cruise lines?

Hi Vijoge,I am sorry that instead of answering your question (I had not used the Spa on MSC),I would like to ask you a question:your avatar is showing a picture of a cute little animal,and I cannot figure out if is it a puppy,or ferret,or ??? Could you satisfy my curiosity,please?:confused:

Thank you and have a great cruise!:)

your avatar is showing a picture of a cute little animal,and I cannot figure out if is it a puppy,or ferret,or ??? Could you satisfy my curiosity,please?:confused::)

That is my Shih-poo puppy, LiKei, when she was about 10 weeks old. She is three, almost four, now, and looks nothing like that any more, but I love that picture of her.

Hi vijoge

Yes they do mention their products at the end of a treatment but they are not (in my experience ) pushy with it. They seem to take a polite " No Thanks" and don't keep trying to change your mind.

i recommend the balinese massage with hot lava stones - it is bliss! have a look at the spa treatments in their brochure before you sail. You often save quite a bit by buying a package in advance. Not sure about the US brochure but in the UK one it shows the onboard proce and the pre purchase proce so that you can see how much you are saving.

I always buy a massage package when sailing on an MSC ship. On the Splendida in January, the package of six 1-hour Balinese deep tissue massages was a little over €600, versus the regular price of €126 for one. As regards the selling of their Elemis products, I just say no thank you and that's the end of it.

I always buy a massage package when sailing on an MSC ship. On the Splendida in January, the package of six 1-hour Balinese deep tissue massages was a little over €600, versus the regular price of €126 for one. As regards the selling of their Elemis products, I just say no thank you and that's the end of it.

LOL ... a 3 hour Balinese spa package in Bali costs about AU$20 ... bit of a mark up on the ship me thinks ...:rolleyes:

Archived