Nordic Walking - is it allowed?

I have taken up Nordic walking and absolutely love it. If possible I would like to take my poles with me on our cruise this summer (2 weeks W Med on the Celebrity Eclipse) and use them on board the ship.

Has anyone else taken their Nordic poles with them and if so it is it practical to use them? I will need to keep up the exercise to help fight the tempting food :D

I would assume that getting them to the ship could be an issue if they aren't collapsible. If you have the vulcanized rubber tips instead of the metal tips, you could possibly use them on the ship. However, outside the track, you may not be able to maintain good technique and even on the track if its busy you'll have some difficulty. In ports however, using th epoles shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks - getting them to the ship would be OK as we sail from our home port but suspect I would have to be up really early to get a clear space to walk properly. Realisitically I am unlikely to walk ashore as I am the only member of the family who uses the poles.

Maybe I had just better go to the gym instead!

Archived