Good News! The cruise ships are porting in the MR!

bobnsofi

My guess would be due to the inaccurate information being spread by the new regarding the travel warnings for Mexico. CBS stated it was for the entire country, however when looking at the travel departments web page it was for border towns.

read for yourself what it says

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_4755.html

These are the same town that have been plagued by violence over the last few years, and has nothing to do with the MR. Just some people that were given mis-information and are spreading it around like wildfire!

I have seen no change to the travel advisories.

They appear to be the same that they have been for months, don't hang out on the border.

When the Swine Flu was announced last year the cruise lines all canceled trips to the MR. There was no second thought or hesitation.

If the Cruise Lines actually considered there to be any threat to public safety they would have made the call. And you know they are in contact with Government agencies such as the State Department, health officials, foreign officials. No one will risk your safety, not for a second. There is no daily ongoing problem. It was simply a nasty event, not a daily event.

NO WORRIES. BUY MORE CRUISES! :)

The problem with those US gov. statements is that people donot read it carefully and make the wrong conclusions....and sometimes panic for the wrong reason.

Along the Mexican Riviera tourism is as always, no special problems at all.

Cruiseships arrive as usual, some days even 3 ships on certain days in Puerto Vallarta. Thousands of "snowbirds" are enjoying their stay.

Hopefully the cruiselines remember that all the panic last year because the flu was premature, since there absolutely was no flu on the MR, but yes there was along the US westcoast where they rescheduled.

I have cruised 9 times to the MR on Princess, planning a trip there in November and always felt safe.

However, there were reports of 17 drug related deaths in Acapulco last weekend and that gives me concerns.

For that reason, I am not considering the Jan 05, 2011 cruise to Acapulco.

I have cruised 9 times to the MR on Princess, planning a trip there in November and always felt safe.

However, there were reports of 17 drug related deaths in Acapulco last weekend and that gives me concerns.

My advice there would be go and enjoy that cruise but stay away from drug cartel (usually they don't cruise or hang out at tourist spots)and say no to drugs they can't kill you if you don't use

them :rolleyes: :)

The problem with those US gov. statements is that people donot read it carefully and make the wrong conclusions....and sometimes panic for the wrong reason.

Along the Mexican Riviera tourism is as always, no special problems at all.

Cruiseships arrive as usual, some days even 3 ships on certain days in Puerto Vallarta. Thousands of "snowbirds" are enjoying their stay.

Hopefully the cruiselines remember that all the panic last year because the flu was premature, since there absolutely was no flu on the MR, but yes there was along the US westcoast where they rescheduled.

I so agree and think starting threads like this just adds to the hype :(

Last year when the ships pulled out of MR (no flu there) and actually stopped in Victoria and Vancouver where we had MANY cases of Swine flu, we thought it was very stupid of the cruiselines.

We love PV and certainly feel safer there then many cities in Canada and all cities in The States.

Since you live near LA I would think you read about and see on TV also about drugproblems in and around that city, it certainly isnot just Acapulco.

When in doubt you have the choice to stay on board there or book a shipsexcursion.

I certainly would opt to cruise.

We are now 4 months in Puerto Vallarta, drive around, go to shops where the locals come, walk the streets (also at night) and never had any problem.

We plan to be back next winter, I am sure we are more safe here then in some US, Canadian or European city.

I would'nt call 445 killed in the past 12 months a nasty event... Just be safe and stay with the tourist traps.. Mexico makes more in tourism then drugs.. I think ?

But how many were killed in drugsrelated problems in the USA, Canada or Europe?

I agree every dead person is one too much, but it is certainly not just mexico.

I am so glad that I read all of your postings. I was planning to book a honeymoon cruise for my son and his (soon to be) wife in September. My husband told me to check around first because everyone at his office is asking about our June cruise, telling us to cancel if we are going to Mexico. We are headed to the Bahamas, but would not change our plans if we were headed to Mexico. I checked the state department web site, but wanted to get more info from my CC friends. :)

My son and his bride-to-be desperately want to visit Cabo and it looks beautiful!! Gonna book it Friday for them. :D

Thanks!

But how many were killed in drugsrelated problems in the USA, Canada or Europe?

I agree every dead person is one too much, but it is certainly not just mexico.

Vancouver BC alone had over 40 drug related murders in 2009, I am betting anyone a Margarita that PV had maybe 1/10 that amount!!

Archived