Canceling with Carnival

starlit

Has anyone ever cancelled their cruise without buying the trip insurance? I got an "early saver rate" and it says there are no refunds. I paid them $700 and have to cancel due to family health issues. Has anyone had any success with actually getting a refund? I really need the money to visit my family out of state, but I'm worried they won't give it back. :(

You will lose $50pp and the balance of the deposits will be held towards a future cruise.

If you paid over the amount of the deposit you should get that back.

CCL has pretty much stuck to their guns about refunds with ES with very little exceptions.

Bill

That's kinda what I thought. Maybe next time I won't do the early saver rate! Does anyone know if you have to select a date for the future or if they just hold it for you? And, do I have to pay $100 out of pocket to change the date or do they deduct it from my deposit?

That's kinda what I thought. Maybe next time I won't do the early saver rate! Does anyone know if you have to select a date for the future or if they just hold it for you? And, do I have to pay $100 out of pocket to change the date or do they deduct it from my deposit?

I believe it is deducted from the deposit. I don't know if you have to select another date at the time of cancellation.

Has anyone ever cancelled their cruise without buying the trip insurance? I got an "early saver rate" and it says there are no refunds. I paid them $700 and have to cancel due to family health issues. Has anyone had any success with actually getting a refund? I really need the money to visit my family out of state, but I'm worried they won't give it back. :(

You cannot get your deposit back.

If you call and cancel and re-book to new cruise in the same call, your deposit (less $50pp penalty) should be transferred to your deposit on the new cruise.

If you call and cancel and do not re-book, Carnival will isssue you a future cruise credit toward a future cruise 1 (apparently now 2) years hence. You will have to put down a new deposit on the re-scheduled cruise.

the cruise you re-schedule does not have to be Early Saver, but there's no way to manipulate the system to recover your original deposit.

ken

Are you still before final payment ?? Is this just your deposit or what is it they are telling you cant be refunded.

After final payment, normal cancellation rules apply.

Due to health reasons and surgery interfering in the middle of our cruise, we unfortunately had to cancel our cruise 38 days before departure. As soon as we found out, we canceled but lost our deposit. We are unsure as to when we can rebook, due to continuing surgeries, but we will plan one as soon as we are cleared by doctors!:p

Under no circumstances does Carnival refund your deposit (unless you're Fun Saver, anything but Early Saver) and my family was very upset that due to my reasons they wouldn't refund the deposit. I, on the other hand, knew the rules and stipulations when booking and accepted the fact they would keep the deposit. At least they didn't keep the entire balance. I just didn't know this type of thing would happen and had never bought travel insurance. Now, I will.:rolleyes:

Are you still before final payment ?? Is this just your deposit or what is it they are telling you cant be refunded.

After final payment, normal cancellation rules apply.

I did a search and the most I could find out was they were going to Alaska in June so they are before final payment but are coming up on it fast.

Bill

This happened to us too because of illness. You just have to lose the $50 per person charge from CCL. We found a great cruise trip price the next fall and even with the $100 loss we came out about even. I hope you have the same luck with a future cruise. I also hope your upcoming surgery (or loved one's surgery) comes out with great results for a very healthy future.

Archived