Cayman in a nutshell

ladybug_eg89

I haven't done it, but unless it includes a lot more than lunch and beach, IMO it likely isn't worth it.

Beaches are free in Cayman, and there's a couple of great ones (with a restaurant/bar, restrooms, showers, rental chairs, watersports, etc.) about a $4-6 per person taxi ride from the ship. If you throw a towel down on the sand rather than renting lounge chairs, all you'd need to pay for is whatever you order for lunch...

We did a different tour with Cayman in a Nutshell (stingray city, snorkeling, turtle farm, hell, lunch at beach side restaurant, rum cake factory). It was great. Their driver met us at the dock. I would highly recommend them.

We used Cayman in a nut shell on March 4th. Our day was kind of goofed up. The ship couldn't stop near the town area due to winds and seas, so they let us off at Spots Bay on the south side of the Island. We had to wait for a while for some other people, they never showed up. Our driver picked up 5 other people along with my GF and I who were his tour group. Two only wanted a ride to town, 3 women had a different tour booked then us with the Cayman in a nutshell. Dennis Smith was our guide, first he took us to the office so we could pay for the tour. He tell drove us to Hell, after Hell he took us to the turtle farm. After the turtles he stopped at a restaurant and picked up my GF's and I lunches. Then we were driven to Capt. Marvin's for the stingray portion, so we ate our lunches on the boat. After the stingrays one of the boat crew drove everyone back to either their hotels or back to the ships. Some of us got off downtown to walk around. Our tour was suppose to have lunch on the 7 mile beach but with the waves crashing and the wind blowing we didn't do this. We were running late so that is why we didn't stop and eat in, also the 3 women didn't have the lunch included in their tour. So it was a messed up day but we still had fun, you have to roll with the punches.

did they take you to the Tortuga Rum factory where u sample free shots etc..? if so, how long did u stay there?

They said its alot of Rum Outlets near the pier as well, but i wondered which is better...you have any idea?

Thanks

The actual factory was closed when we were there so they took us to a shop where we sampled the rum cakes (which were very good).

Archived