Shipping Wine

mg3251

We are thinking about buying a case of wine online and having it shipped to port/room. Does Princess allow this? Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks

You cannot have anything shipped to your room/ship. You could send it to you hotel. Getting it on board may be a challenge since I believe you are limited in how much wine you can take onboard although there is some debate over this in many threads.

We are thinking about buying a case of wine online and having it shipped to port/room. Does Princess allow this? Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks

Actually, I don't think there is much debate about how much wine you can take with you onboard. Many, many people have taken cases of wine. If you called a Princess Rep right this minute, I'm pretty sure they would also tell you that you can bring as much wine as you'd like with you when you board...it is the liquor that is controlled (not sure why, it just is). They also state that it is preferred that you do not bring boxed wine (so you know people do this as well).

I used to use wellwishers.com. They were awesome!!! Last time I used them, we had ordered a case of Samuel Adams and a case of Martinelli's Sparking Cider (cute little apple bottles). You could order anything you wanted from this outfit and the prices were REALLY reasonable.

In attempting to do the same on our next cruise, I learned that these companies no longer exist (it's been over 6 years since our last cruise).

This bulletin board has provided me with all the information I need for bringing wine on board if you leave from FLL. Do a search for the port you depart and I'm sure you can find a lot of information about the best place to get wine/champagne.

Dawn

They also state that it is preferred that you do not bring boxed wine (so you know people do this as well).

Dawn

Dawn, I think you misunderstood the alcohol policy just a tad. What they are referring to with the boxed wine is that you do not bring it to any dining venue. It explains that 750 ML bottles and even magnums are fine, but they prefer no boxed wines.

You can bring boxed wines to enjoy in your stateroom, they just don't want you bringing them to the diningrooms. ;)

Actually, I don't think there is much debate about how much wine you can take with you onboard. Many, many people have taken cases of wine. If you called a Princess Rep right this minute, I'm pretty sure they would also tell you that you can bring as much wine as you'd like with you when you board...it is the liquor that is controlled (not sure why, it just is). They also state that it is preferred that you do not bring boxed wine (so you know people do this as well).

Dawn

Actually, there is considerable debate. There are extensive threads about the wine policy of one bottle per person and how that seems to be ignored by the staff so that people do bring on a lot more. If you call a Princess Rep they will say the policy is one bottle per person and refer you to the Cruise Answer Book page 24. Certainly the experience of many is that they have brought on a lot of wine and well in excess of the 'policy'

billet, I think the problem is also that the online information at Princess.com states one bottle per person. But the cruise contract does not state a quantity. Therefore the loop hole again. ;)

Absolutely - hence all the prior threads :)

I was on the Ruby last month departing from FLL. I brought a case of wine, boxed in the original marked box and ready to ship, with me since I drove to the port. I put a luggage tag on the box and gave it to the baggage handlers along with my large luggage. Next time I saw the box was in my stateroom along with my luggage. I emptied the refrigerator and stocked it with my 12 bottles of wine. We had wine every night on our balcony sometimes with treats from the HC. I asked the room attendant for two wine glasses on the first day and he kept replacing them each day with a clean set. I brought my own cork screw in my carryon luggage.

If you take a bottle to the MDR they are will charge you a corking fee of $15 although it has been reported on CC that sometimes they do not charge. You could take a full glass of wine with you to the MDR without charge but I have not done that. I drank it long before dinner!

Archived