Are coolers allowed on the Solstice? Can you have beer in your room?

CCnoob2010

They probably wouldn't object to a small cooler and your cabin attendant would keep it filled with ice. Keep in mind there is a refrigerator in your room also. Yes, you can have beer in your cabin, HOWEVER you must buy it at one of the ship's bars. You can't carry on the beer with you. The only "carry-on alcohol" allowed is 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

They probably wouldn't object to a small cooler and your cabin attendant would keep it filled with ice. Keep in mind there is a refrigerator in your room also. Yes, you can have beer in your cabin, HOWEVER you must buy it at one of the ship's bars. You can't carry on the beer with you. The only "carry-on alcohol" allowed is 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

The cooler I have isn't small, it's medium sized. It's one of those stainless steel Coleman models that can keep ice for up to 3 days. I'm doing a little fishing on this trip and I didn't want the fridge in the room to smell like fish.

At least this way I can store a little if we catch anything.

I don't mind buying beer at the ship's bars. I would hate to have to go back and forth to the bar from my balcony after each beer.Do you know if they limit how many you can purchase at once? If I wanted to buy 12 budweisers, would they allow that?

Does anyone know if you can bring a cooler (with ice) on board? Is there a policy prohibiting beer in the room?

Thank you.

I don't know about the cooler issue. I do know there's nothing in the rules stating you can't consume alcohol in your room. In fact they offer a bar set up. So TECHNICALLY speaking if you buy it on the ship you can drink it in your room. WIth the exception of 2 bottles of wine that you're allowed to bring on board.

As for bringing a cooler on board I don't know why you'd bother. It's not like you're allowed to bring it on full of beer.

You cannot bring the fish onboard anyway, and if you did, customs would not let you bring it back into the country. I guess you are having a slow day at the office, :) and having fun at everyone's expense.

Seriously...if I catch something off the balcony and requested the kitchen to prepare it...they're not going to do that? That makes no sense.

Seriously...if I catch something off the balcony and requested the kitchen to prepare it...they're not going to do that? That makes no sense.

This is great! After all the tipping and dress code threads that turn nasty or silly! I'd love to watch you hook something off your balcony and haul that thing all the way up 6 - 10 decks. Wow. Picture all the people standing at their rails and suddently a flopping fish hitting them in the face - great.

Or, going ashore with your surf-gear, catching a nice one on a beautiful beach, tossing it into your cooler and walking back through island security, terminal security and then ship security. Then up to a chef and handing him a fish and asking him to dress, cook and serve that baby.

Maybe you can get a charter and go deepsea fishing, catch a Marlin, bring that baby back in - tie up next to the cruise ship and have them use a block and tackle to bring it aboard.

This could open up a whole new excursion list - starting with: Fish and Eat Your Catch! Thanks. I'm sitting here in a very boring telecon enjoying this.

Denny

Seriously.... They are not going to cook any fish that you bring to the kitchen. It makes perfect sense: it would be a health code violation.

This is great! After all the tipping and dress code threads that turn nasty or silly! I'd love to watch you hook something off your balcony and haul that thing all the way up 6 - 10 decks. Wow. Picture all the people standing at their rails and suddently a flopping fish hitting them in the face - great.

Or, going ashore with your surf-gear, catching a nice one on a beautiful beach, tossing it into your cooler and walking back through island security, terminal security and then ship security. Then up to a chef and handing him a fish and asking him to dress, cook and serve that baby.

Maybe you can get a charter and go deepsea fishing, catch a Marlin, bring that baby back in - tie up next to the cruise ship and have them use a block and tackle to bring it aboard.

This could open up a whole new excursion list - starting with: Fish and Eat Your Catch! Thanks. I'm sitting here in a very boring telecon enjoying this.

Denny

The first part of your reply is hilarious, but I am well skilled and I've never brought one in that flopped someone in the face except for that one time in Sopchoppy but that's a whole 'nother story about someone being where they shouldn't have been.

I got a good price on this cruise and thought it would be nice to take advantage of an aft balcony. No need to drop hundreds of dollars on a charter.

Glad my idea has entertained you. Since you're bored, please let me know if you have any ideas on how I can actually make this work. You gotta admit this concept rawks...seriously!

I have a boat that I go back and forth to the Bahamas (ie: in and out of the country) and Customs has never said Anything about bringing fish back into the country. Fishermen from the USA is a huge revenue source for many Islands in the Bahamas. It is one of the reasons to go to the Bahamas via your own boat is to catch fish. so I dont think customs would be an issue.

Secondly, it is very common in the islands to go fishing all day and then bring the fish to the chef of a restaurant to have him or her prepare it, cook it and serve it to you along with their sides, drinks and wine.

"Seriously.... They are not going to cook any fish that you bring to the kitchen. It makes perfect sense: it would be a health code violation."

Oh sure, fresh fish from the ocean a health code violation. That would be classic coming from a line that has more than one SS Noro sailing around at any given time lately.

I have a boat that I go back and forth to the Bahamas (ie: in and out of the country) and Customs has never said Anything about bringing fish back into the country. Fishermen from the USA is a huge revenue source for many Islands in the Bahamas. It is one of the reasons to go to the Bahamas via your own boat is to catch fish. so I dont think customs would be an issue.

Secondly, it is very common in the islands to go fishing all day and then bring the fish to the chef of a restaurant to have him or her prepare it, cook it and serve it to you along with their sides, drinks and wine.

I have heard about this but I didn't anticipate so much push back from fellow passengers or any policy prohibiting this on a cruise ship.

Dear Aft Balcony Fisherman,

I'm a registered Guide if you need advice on lures, bait or my preference, flies that can entice a wide variety of tropical species.

PS...my wife is making popcorn...

Dear Aft Balcony Fisherman,

I'm a registered Guide if you need advice on lures, bait or my preference, flies that can entice a wide variety of tropical species.

PS...my wife is making popcorn...

Hi ME, thank you.

What kind of lure would work best from the 6th floor moving at 20 kts? In the event of any complications at embarkation, do you think I can easily find the necessary equipment in the Caribbean? Do you know if it's possible to clean a fish with a car key?

Archived