another ship sick

just heard on the news that Celebrity has another bout of sickness; same ship for the third

time. gee, what gives?

we leave on EOS Friday 3/19 and I'm bring my wipes to wipe down the room etc. and bringing

many bottles of hand stuff to carry in our pockets

gotta be pro-active.

can't wait 3 days and counting

Well, this is certainly the season for it. They can sanitize the ships all they want, if someone gets on who is sick, it is pretty hard to keep it from spreading. Try not to blame the cruise lines, as they do try thier best to keep the ship clean.

Blame the stupid passengers who just have to go on that vacation, no matter how sick they are and risk the health of hundreds of others.

Can you honestly say that if you planned a cruise and paid thousands of dollars that you would not go on your cruise if you had a little bit of a stomach bug? I would hope that people would make the right choice and stay home, but I have to admit, I go to work when I am a little sick, and I would have to be REALLY bad to miss the cruise I have booked and planned for over a year.

Unfortunately most people have that attitude. It's all about ME ME ME. Forget everyone else, or having consideration for the well being of others. I know people whose employers would possibly suspend, or even fire them for coming to work sick, and jeopardizing the staff.

Unfortunately most people have that attitude. It's all about ME ME ME. Forget everyone else, or having consideration for the well being of others. I know people whose employers would possibly suspend, or even fire them for coming to work sick, and jeopardizing the staff.

Actually, in my office it is quite the opposite. People are critized if they miss work for being sick. It is a high pressure environment, where the client's needs come first. So if you are sick, and your appointments need to be cancelled, it is DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA! This is horrible, as it seems like people are sick at work all the time, but some days it feels like there is no other option.

I got sick with norovirus on my Diamond cruise, we got confined to cabin for 48 hours, all that horrible stuff.

Wash hands, get lucky, touch as little as possible, and have immunity to whatever bug is going around. That's the only way to stay clear.

It's the same at Disneyland or at a basketball game. Lots of people = lots of exposure.

It's the same at Disneyland... Lots of people = lots of exposure.

I know! Think of how many people have touched that teacup ride before you! :p

I'm tired of the cruise line industry taking the heat for an illness that is capable of living anywhere - grocery store buggies, the Mall, the airplane, airports, hotel rooms, rental cars, schools, church... the list goes on.

I most definately blame the passengers 100%

Sorry but thats my opinion, because:

Every dining venue on every ship I have sailed on, has alcohol gel at the entrance.

At least HALF of the passengers don't use it! (take a look next time you sail)

And next time your onboard, watch half the guys go to the toilet and leave without washing their hands..... then pass the alcohol gel... then go the the self service food areas, be too lazy to use the food tongs by each self service plate and proceed to pick food up from dishes with thier hands!!:mad:

Blame the stupid passengers who just have to go on that vacation, no matter how sick they are and risk the health of hundreds of others.

You can count me among the selfish and stupid. Even if I was bleeding from my eyes and my hair was on fire, I would insist that I was fine and ready to cruise (OK, maybe that's an exaggeration).

I mean, it's either that or throw away months of savings, planning, anticipating, and preparation, right? I wouldn't count on my travel insurance reimbursing me for all the losses.

Besides, if I understood my doctor correctly, if you have an illness like the noro virus, you are the most contagious in the two or three days before you begin to notice symptoms, and far less contagious after your symptoms appear.

I think Celebrity is doing everything they possibly can, and I'm glad they're taking the extra time to scrub down the ship. PEOPLE brought this on, probably more than once for it to last so long. Really awful.

I think Celebrity is doing everything they possibly can, and I'm glad they're taking the extra time to scrub down the ship. PEOPLE brought this on, probably more than once for it to last so long. Really awful.

Maybe they could make sure people use the sanitizer before entering the area to get food?

Maybe they could make sure people use the sanitizer before entering the area to get food?

There will always be someone who will bypass the sanitizer and just walk right in. Besides, the very best defense against Noro is to wash your hands with hot, soapy water directly before eating (after the buffet line). I know your food will get cold - that's a chance you take that you need to decide for yourself.

There will always be someone who will bypass the sanitizer and just walk right in. Besides, the very best defense against Noro is to wash your hands with hot, soapy water directly before eating (after the buffet line). I know your food will get cold - that's a chance you take that you need to decide for yourself.

Yeah... It's really the only thing one can easily and effectively do individually. There's no excuse for not washing hands, it's the one thing we can each control.

I most definately blame the passengers 100%

Sorry but thats my opinion, because:

Every dining venue on every ship I have sailed on, has alcohol gel at the entrance.

At least HALF of the passengers don't use it! (take a look next time you sail)

And next time your onboard, watch half the guys go to the toilet and leave without washing their hands..... then pass the alcohol gel... then go the the self service food areas, be too lazy to use the food tongs by each self service plate and proceed to pick food up from dishes with thier hands!!:mad:

Women are just as bad...

Archived