what to do?

czexrus

When are you going? A lot of folks with tweens and teens like cave tubing. There's also a Captain Your Own River boat excursion and an eco kayak tour that get good reviews. Talk up the 2012 myths (totally bogus BTW) and take your family to Altun Ha via the River Wallace boat ride to see the Mayan ruins. Any of these excursions will be long most of the day affairs and are known to result in very tired and hungry campers who have no complaints about going to bed early.

We just got back on the Carnival Valor on March 7th. Belize was by far my favorite stop. If your crew is into Snorkeling, this is the place to be. There were seven us on the trip including a 12 and a 13 year old. Having cruised and snorkeled other islands I opted out of the actual Cruise Excursions, the crowded boats and beat up reefs and booked a private trip through http://www.coralbreezetours.com/ after doing alot of research on the web, they stay ontop of the ship and tender schedules and make sure to get you back in plenty of time to get back, No one wants to get stranded on an Island(even though I could think of worse places to be stranded). If your ship cannot port there for any reason they will refund your deposit. They use a tour company their called Hammerhead sports, if you were to book it ask to have Henny, Justin and Mark as your crew. They were absolutely terrific they take great care of everyone on board, they snorkel with you and go out of their way to make sure you see, and know what everything is above and below the surface, the kids loved the stingray snorkel part of the trip too, even though Stingray City in Cayman is better for the rays. I really can't express how impressed we were with them. Whatever you choose to do, I can almost guarantee you will be more than happy you made it to Belize, I can't wait to get back!

did the Altun Ha ruins (thru NCL) it was really COOL to see the ruins-even in the rain-very easy to walk around and see the ruins--there is climbing involved but you dont have to--makes it easier for those of us with some knee "issues"...

Archived