Fireworks on Solstice...................

pamkev

just got off the phone with my friend who is sailing on the Solstice they are in San Juan right now and boy would I love to have a wedding like this or in my case a renewal of vows.:)

When they boarded on Sunday a wedding party of 200 boarded first they had all the suites plus some other rooms along with the wedding planner and 11 of their personal staff members. While on the ship they overhead the butler explain to one of the guest in the suites that everything was taken care of for them they will have no bill at the end. The best part was at night a tug boat or some type of boat pulled near them and set off fireworks they said it was so neat seeing them go off in the darkness of the sky.

Now only if I could get my dh to do the same:D

I'm on the Solstice currently and can say the fireworks show was a very wonderful surprise and an amazing perk of being on this sailing. There was indeed a small boat that had to meet us in the middle of the Caribbean en route from Fort Laud to San Juan. The captain brought the ship to a near stop, sounded the ship's horn and the show began. The fireworks boat was off the starboard side, so I was lucky enough to be able to sit on my balcony and enjoy the roughly 10 minute show.

I cannot IMAGINE how much it cost to pay to charter that boat to meet us in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, pay Celebrity to coordinate the meet up, and pay for the fireworks and the technicians to orchestrate the display....but I can say this a first in my 15 years of cruising and I'll never forget it.

Best wishes to the bride and groom if they are CC fans!

I'm on the Solstice currently and can say the fireworks show was a very wonderful surprise and an amazing perk of being on this sailing. There was indeed a small boat that had to meet us in the middle of the Caribbean en route from Fort Laud to San Juan. The captain brought the ship to a near stop, sounded the ship's horn and the show began. The fireworks boat was off the starboard side, so I was lucky enough to be able to sit on my balcony and enjoy the roughly 10 minute show.

I cannot IMAGINE how much it cost to pay to charter that boat to meet us in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, pay Celebrity to coordinate the meet up, and pay for the fireworks and the technicians to orchestrate the display....but I can say this a first in my 15 years of cruising and I'll never forget it.

Best wishes to the bride and groom if they are CC fans!

I would not forget it either. My friends on board said it was awesome.

I cannot IMAGINE how much it cost to pay to charter that boat to meet us in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, pay Celebrity to coordinate the meet up, and pay for the fireworks and the technicians to orchestrate the display

The wedding party had to pay Celebrity $100,000 fuel surcharge to slow the Solstice down and meet the fireworks boat. The other stuff I dont know how much they paid but I am sure it was not cheap.

The wedding party had to pay Celebrity $100,000 fuel surcharge to slow the Solstice down and meet the fireworks boat. The other stuff I dont know how much they paid but I am sure it was not cheap.

My friends said they heard around 350,000 just for all the rooms don't know if that is true or not maybe that was everything all together.

My friends said they heard around 350,000 just for all the rooms don't know if that is true or not maybe that was everything all together.

The family spent about $2mm in total BEFORE they put their credit card down for ALL of their guests on board spending. I wonder how much that is going to total?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived