Canceling a cruise

Hello,

Does anyone have info on canceling a cruise due to medical issues? :(

I am so looking forward to my upcoming cruise in 10days, but may have to cancel. Waiting on test results first, which will not be in until right before my cruise. All excursions and gifts have been purchased already. I did purchase trip insurance when booking the cruise.

Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

Nobody is going to know the answer to your questions. You need to call your trip ins. company and ask them these questions. We don't know the specifics of your illness, nor what the policy covers.

I hope the test results are that so can cruise, Good Luck!

Something similar happened to us a few years ago. My sister and I had to cancel a cruise 4 weeks before we were to leave because my neice (sister's daughter) was diagnosed with a brain tumor and needed surgery. The travel insurance required that the doctor fill out a form stating the diagnosis and treatment plan which we did and within a few days we received a full refund for the cruise and airfare.

Call your trip insurance provider and find out what they require and what they will cover - and do it now.

Just an FYI, if for some reason your trip insurance provider does not cover this, you do not want to wait to cancel. If you cancel at least 7 days before the cruise, you will at least get part of your money back but at 7 days before the cruise you get nothing back.

Hello,

Does anyone have info on canceling a cruise due to medical issues? :(

I am so looking forward to my upcoming cruise in 10days, but may have to cancel. Waiting on test results first, which will not be in until right before my cruise. All excursions and gifts have been purchased already. I did purchase trip insurance when booking the cruise.

Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

A couple we have cruised with several times just had to cancel their upcoming cruise(1st part of April). He just got out of the hospital after a 2 week stay and the doc advised against going. They bought the RCCL insurance when they booked and used RCCL for the air also.

They called RCCL and it has all been very easy, they received a form in the mail to be filled out by the Dr. and Rccl has already refunded part of the charges to their cc. They expect a full refund except for the cost of the insurance.

Archived