Information needed regarding cruise cancellation...

My DH and I are scheduled to depart on Mariner of the Seas this next Sunday 3/21.. He was admitted to the hospital on Monday for a severe upper respiratory infection and dehydration and as of tonight is still there..

I have not cancelled anything as of yet...no rush since everything is non-refundable, but thank goodness I took all the advice on these boards and purchased trip insurance.. We are scheduled to fly to LA on Saturday..

My question is this.... We applied $200 OBC from our RCCL Visa points to our reservation... Does anyone know if we will loose these pts? We were traveling with 2 other couples, who will still take the trip. Is it possible to assign the OBC to them?

Thanks in advance...Lori

My DH and I are scheduled to depart on Mariner of the Seas this next Sunday 3/21.. He was admitted to the hospital on Monday for a severe upper respiratory infection and dehydration and as of tonight is still there..

I have not cancelled anything as of yet...no rush since everything is non-refundable, but thank goodness I took all the advice on these boards and purchased trip insurance.. We are scheduled to fly to LA on Saturday..

My question is this.... We applied $200 OBC from our RCCL Visa points to our reservation... Does anyone know if we will loose these pts? We were traveling with 2 other couples, who will still take the trip. Is it possible to assign the OBC to them?

Thanks in advance...Lori

Hi Lori and I am so sorry to hear about your husbands health issues. I sincerely hope he gets better and you are both able to still make the cruise.

Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. If anybody can answer your question, one of the reps here can.

I do believe, though, that if you cancel your reservation, you will lose that OBC from your Visa Points. I just don't know if it can be transferred.

I just got off the phone the RCCL Visa Points people. I was told if we have a letter from the Doctor stating he is unable to cruise at this time, they may be able to reapply the points back onto the card...

So that is good news..

That is great news. Glad the folks at RCI were able to give you some encouraging news at this unfortunate time.

Thoughts and prayers that your husband makes a speedy recovery.

BTW, I don't know if you booked direct or through a TA, but is there a possibility that you might be able to transfer your booking to another cruise by keeping the same booking number? You may get a compassionate rep that might be able to help you.

That is great news. Glad the folks at RCI were able to give you some encouraging news at this unfortunate time.

Thoughts and prayers that your husband makes a speedy recovery.

BTW, I don't know if you booked direct or through a TA, but is there a possibility that you might be able to transfer your booking to another cruise by keeping the same booking number? You may get a compassionate rep that might be able to help you.

WOW, that would be great...Should I just call Crown and Anchor? I book directly through RCCL..

They stated that points applied from CC are not covered by trip cancellation insurance. The insurance people said they don't have actually "cash Value" in other words you are not losing anything (money) so it is not covered. Just like airline points are not covered by trip insurance,

So good luck with getting them reapplied back to your visa account and hope you husband improves quickly!

They stated that points applied from CC are not covered by trip cancellation insurance. The insurance people said they don't have actually "cash Value" in other words you are not losing anything (money) so it is not covered. Just like airline points are not covered by trip insurance,

So good luck with getting them reapplied back to your visa account and hope you husband improves quickly!

She is dealing with the RCI Coupon Redemption Center direct and not getting the insurance company involved.

Sorry to hear your husband is ill and you may not make the cruise. So glad you took insurance!! :)

As for the OBC through visa points, yes they will re-credit your account back with the points with the letter as they told you but they are not transferable. Same as if you wanted to use points to pay for another cabin.....you the card holder must sail in the cabin.

Keeping you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

Sorry to hear your husband is ill and you may not make the cruise. So glad you took insurance!! :)

As for the OBC through visa points, yes they will re-credit your account back with the points with the letter as they told you but they are not transferable. Same as if you wanted to use points to pay for another cabin.....you the card holder must sail in the cabin.

Keeping you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

I think you just made Lori feel a little better. ;)

Archived