NCL Children's programs/activities reviews?

needalatte74

Planning on booking the Epic in march 2011. My kids will be 17, 11, and 4. So all over the spectrum in age ranges.

Any details/insight/opinions on the kid's activities? Does NCL give parents a pager if they are dropping off their little ones in the program? I don't see too many specifics on their website, unless I'm missing something...

Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks...

They do give you a pager. I have tried the kids club's on Carnival and NCL and our Grandson never wants to stay for long and they just page. The Board for Family cruising is a good source for questions about the kids clubs and specifics on what the programs offer, if you have a specific question I saved the Kid's Crew program from our cruise on the Spirit March 7th sailing.

• 1 month later...
They do give you a pager. I have tried the kids club's on Carnival and NCL and our Grandson never wants to stay for long and they just page. The Board for Family cruising is a good source for questions about the kids clubs and specifics on what the programs offer, if you have a specific question I saved the Kid's Crew program from our cruise on the Spirit March 7th sailing.[/quote

I would love to see the kids programs on the spirit! We are thinking of doing this cruise in November! Thanks!

They do give you a pager. I have tried the kids club's on Carnival and NCL and our Grandson never wants to stay for long and they just page. The Board for Family cruising is a good source for questions about the kids clubs and specifics on what the programs offer, if you have a specific question I saved the Kid's Crew program from our cruise on the Spirit March 7th sailing.[/quote

I would love to see the kids programs on the spirit! We are thinking of doing this cruise in November! Thanks!

leaving friday...

i will gather what information that i can

DD is 7 DS is 15

If you also have the teen program info, I would be interested to see that. Thanks.

We just got off the Dawn, not sure how similar the activities are but my kids were in the 10-12 group and teen program. My 15 year old lived in the teen lounge or hung out with her new friends all week. There were dances everynight and lots of other activities for then. They all went to shows together, dined together, roamed the ship together, hung out at the Blue Lagoon together, etc. They did have scheduled things with the counselors thugh (whom they loved) such as scavenger hunts, sports, proms, dating games, boys vs girls, etc.

The other two were not as thrilled with the other group as they have been in the past, although they did love the counselors. They did arts and crafts, sports, scavenger hunts, games, but also had free time which is where I think they were bored because I guess they seemed to just put in a movie for this. My son is almost 13 and felt a little too old but my 10 year old daughter seemed to enjoy it more and made some friends.

I was keeping the programs to scan online but DD cleaned the room the last night and threw everything out-oh yes, he took a beating from me;). Just make sure you have your kids go the very first night, this is where they meet everyone.

As far as pagers go, one day at sea was very rough and my daughter was a feeling a little off. When I brought her to camp, they said they only had a few pagers which were given for the real young kids, but they were giving every parent a paper with the extension to call to check in on your child often. We needed to give them our exact location and to let them know when were were changing spots so they could reach us also if need be. They were very good and concerned for the well being of every child.

We just got off the Dawn, not sure how similar the activities are but my kids were in the 10-12 group and teen program. My 15 year old lived in the teen lounge or hung out with her new friends all week. There were dances everynight and lots of other activities for then. They all went to shows together, dined together, roamed the ship together, hung out at the Blue Lagoon together, etc. They did have scheduled things with the counselors thugh (whom they loved) such as scavenger hunts, sports, proms, dating games, boys vs girls, etc.

The other two were not as thrilled with the other group as they have been in the past, although they did love the counselors. They did arts and crafts, sports, scavenger hunts, games, but also had free time which is where I think they were bored because I guess they seemed to just put in a movie for this. My son is almost 13 and felt a little too old but my 10 year old daughter seemed to enjoy it more and made some friends.

I was keeping the programs to scan online but DD cleaned the room the last night and threw everything out-oh yes, he took a beating from me;). Just make sure you have your kids go the very first night, this is where they meet everyone.

As far as pagers go, one day at sea was very rough and my daughter was a feeling a little off. When I brought her to camp, they said they only had a few pagers which were given for the real young kids, but they were giving every parent a paper with the extension to call to check in on your child often. We needed to give them our exact location and to let them know when were were changing spots so they could reach us also if need be. They were very good and concerned for the well being of every child.

We'll be on the Spirit next March. I am wondering if DS should take dressy clothes along. If the teens do a dress up night, he would enjoy doing it along with them. We haven't done a 7 night with NCL. The teens did not dress up on our 4 night.

Did you ds12 meet other kids to hang with? My concern is that dd14 will hang out in the teen club, and find a group of kids to hang with, but ds12 (almost 13) won't find anyone to hang with in his group. He's going to want to find kids to play basketball with and such. When we're on vacation, they'll hang with each other, but dd will drop him in a heartbeat if she finds girls to hang with. My dd7, ds7, and dd9 play together at home all of the time, so I don't worry about them.

Did you ds12 meet other kids to hang with? My concern is that dd14 will hang out in the teen club, and find a group of kids to hang with, but ds12 (almost 13) won't find anyone to hang with in his group. He's going to want to find kids to play basketball with and such. When we're on vacation, they'll hang with each other, but dd will drop him in a heartbeat if she finds girls to hang with. My dd7, ds7, and dd9 play together at home all of the time, so I don't worry about them.

Our kids are the opposite of yours. DD is 2 years older and DS is the more outgoing and doesn't want to hang with his sister.

We cruised Disney when they were 10 and 12 and both made friends.

Princess when they were 12 and 14 and they both enjoyed the kids club and made friends.

Royal Caribbean when they were 15 and 17 and DS made a ton of friends that he hung out with a lot. DD did go to the teen club sometimes, but she also hung out on her own sometimes in the cabin, or on the promenade. She is really shy and likes spending time alone, so I didn't really worry about her not making a lot of friends that trip.

NCL DS was 16, DD is now in college with a different spring break. He made lots of friends and had a great time.

I really believe the key is to get to the teen club that very first night since that is when they are all getting to know each other. After that, it is harder.

Archived