PEARL...questions for new to NCL

patwell

Hello....My friends will be sailing on the Pearl for the 4/10 Panama Canal cruise. This is their first time on NCL and she has a question that she's not found an answer to. Hopefully some of you can help as I've never been on NCL.

Does the Pearl have laundry rooms for passenger use? If not, has anyone any costs for laundry service?

Also,she called shoreside today and was told that there are ironing boards and irons in every cabin. Is this true? I've never heard of a ship offering this as they all seem so concerned about irons in cabins. Can one of you who have sailed on Pearl confirm this?

They were also told that there is a $15 corkage fee just to bring wine onboard, not just for use in the dining room. True?

Thanks so much for any Pearl advice you can offer them...they're very excited about this trip.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember Queen Mary 2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

Hello....My friends will be sailing on the Pearl for the 4/10 Panama Canal cruise. This is their first time on NCL and she has a question that she's not found an answer to. Hopefully some of you can help as I've never been on NCL.

Does the Pearl have laundry rooms for passenger use? If not, has anyone any costs for laundry service?

There are no longer self service laundries on NCL ships. I can't help with the price because we do not do laundry on vacation.

Also,she called shoreside today and was told that there are ironing boards and irons in every cabin. Is this true? I've never heard of a ship offering this as they all seem so concerned about irons in cabins. Can one of you who have sailed on Pearl confirm this?

There are no irons or ironing boards in NCL cabins.

They were also told that there is a $15 corkage fee just to bring wine onboard, not just for use in the dining room. True?

Yes, even wine that is brought on board for in room consumption is subject to a corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Thanks so much for any Pearl advice you can offer them...they're very excited about this trip.

Cheers, Penny

Please see responses imbedded above.

Would you like some help putting your "signature" lines in a file so you do not have to enter it every time you post?

PE

I am surprised you did not find the answers to these question, as they are asked often. Like every few days. I would suggest your friend scroll through the postings from the past few days. She will surely find answers to questions she did not even know she had.

By the way, I would put way more faith in the answers you get here vs calling NCL customer service.

Please see responses imbedded above.

Would you like some help putting your "signature" lines in a file so you do not have to enter it every time you post?

PE

Thank you for such a speedy reply PE....I've called my friend to inform her of your answers.

And thanks for the offer to help.I am so technologically challenged that to just cut and past easily from my desktop seems my best solution...I can make changes quickly that way. You are most kind to offer...

Cheers' date=' Penny

[b']Penny’s Affair to Remember Queen Mary 2 Review

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top![/b]

And thanks for the offer to help.I am so technologically challenged that to just cut and past easily from my desktop seems my best solution...I can make changes quickly that way. You are most kind to offer...

Cheers, Penny

Go to User CP in the upper banner (left side) of the home page of Cruise Critic.

Select Edit Signature

Cut and paste your "signature" text into the editor window

Save signature at the bottom and you are all set.

PE

I am surprised you did not find the answers to these question, as they are asked often. Like every few days. I would suggest your friend scroll through the postings from the past few days. She will surely find answers to questions she did not even know she had.

By the way, I would put way more faith in the answers you get here vs calling NCL customer service.

Thank you garycarla...i did do a search quickly for topics related to Pearl. I know CC members are always so fast to help out and this seemed to be the best way for specific questions that were concerning her. Unfortunately she is not on the internet to do this herself so I offered to help out.

I do agree with you about finding more accurate answers on the forums which is why I offered to help her. They are not regular cruisers so this is very new to them. Cunard's shoreside is equally questionable at times too which I explained to them.

Cheers, Penny

OP I used to post on CC telling people that laundry was reasonable on NCL ships. While it is still cheaper to me than having it done at a hotel, etc, it isn't as inexpensive as it was a year ago. However if you were to compare having laundry done and say spend $30.00 on that laundry and that kept you from paying $50.00 each way for an extra bad at the airport, then that is quite a bit of savings.

OP.. I found a laundry list from our cruise last Nov on the Dawn and it should still be in the same ball park. Here are some items to give you an idea:

Laundry:

Undergarments and Socks $1.95

Pajamas, Nightgowns, Bathrobes, Shorts, Tshirt, Polo Shirt, Sweat shirt and tank top $4.95 ($2.95 press only)

Jeans, Pants, Slacks, Dress/Casual Shirt, Formal Shirt and Blouse $5.95 ($3.95 press only)

There are two on my list that are marked through where they put my room number so I am not for sure how much they are. One of them was swimsuit and my memory is it was $3.95

Dry Cleaning:

Two Piece Suit $11.95 ($5.95 press only)

Tie, Scarf and Vest $4.95 ($2.50 press only)

Dress shirt or blouse, Pants, Slacks, Skirt $7.95 ($3.50 press only)

Sweater, Shorts, Sport Coat and Ladys Jacket $6.95 ($3.95 press only)

Evening Gown or dress $12.95 ($6.50 press only)

Dress and Winter Coat $9.95 ($4.95 press only)

Hope this helps.

OP.. I found a laundry list from our cruise last Nov on the Dawn and it should still be in the same ball park. Here are some items to give you an idea:

Laundry:

Undergarments and Socks $1.95

Pajamas, Nightgowns, Bathrobes, Shorts, Tshirt, Polo Shirt, Sweat shirt and tank top $4.95 ($2.95 press only)

Jeans, Pants, Slacks, Dress/Casual Shirt, Formal Shirt and Blouse $5.95 ($3.95 press only)

There are two on my list that are marked through where they put my room number so I am not for sure how much they are. One of them was swimsuit and my memory is it was $3.95

Dry Cleaning:

Two Piece Suit $11.95 ($5.95 press only)

Tie, Scarf and Vest $4.95 ($2.50 press only)

Dress shirt or blouse, Pants, Slacks, Skirt $7.95 ($3.50 press only)

Sweater, Shorts, Sport Coat and Ladys Jacket $6.95 ($3.95 press only)

Evening Gown or dress $12.95 ($6.50 press only)

Dress and Winter Coat $9.95 ($4.95 press only)

Hope this helps.

Terry and Doug...thank you so much...this is most helpful and I've copied it for my friends. At least they'll have some idea of what it will be for the 2 weeks they are onboard. You're very kind to go to this trouble.

Cheers, Penny

Go to User CP in the upper banner (left side) of the home page of Cruise Critic.

Select Edit Signature

Cut and paste your "signature" text into the editor window

Save signature at the bottom and you are all set.

PE

Thanks PE...I'll give it a shot altho I get "hives" at doing anything remotely technical on a computer...and that means anything beyond the basics!! I am hopeless.:rolleyes:

Cheers' date=' penny

[b']Penny’s Affair to Remember Queen Mary 2 Review

[/b]

Hello!!

I am brand new to this site and just wanted to say hello!! My first NCL cruise is in a few weeks :). We will be sailing on the Pearl through the Panama Canal ~ can't wait!!

LRTAM we'll be on the same cruise. Have you gone to our roll call for the cruise. We're planning a Meet and Greet and a Cabin Crawl and would love to have you join us!

Knitwits

Harry and Buffy:D

pearl has coin laundry, if I can remember it was on every other deck. they were big and worked well. I love to take home clean clothes. have fun

There are not laundry rooms on the Pearl. They have been removed from all the NCL ships that had them.

Archived