dont put me in an old folks home

i have informed my children that when the time comes that i need a wee bit of looking after , i dont want to sit in a care home with a lot of old fogies , in a circle, in high backed chairs, singing roll out the barrell. Ugh

Instead , as it would cost a bout £30000 to put me there for a year, put me on a cruise ship. Surely it would work out about the same......Full board, housekeeping, entertainment, company, sun what more could anyone want?;)

It must be great, i hear somewhere around the sum of 50,000 a year was mentioned but you know what to make of hearsay. When the ship dry docks she flies back to the uk and rejoins when the work is complete. Or at least did anyway, unsure on her whereabouts now as the last time on the BW was 2001

Great idea :) I will have a cabin as well ;) bugger the children lets spend all our money :eek: :D

mrs.c

Oh I def. love this:) I will have a cabin too. If this keeps up Thomsons will soon have a ship just full of old foggies permanently on board. It could be a new enterprise for them Care at Sea.:D

Mary

Great idea :) I will have a cabin as well ;) bugger the children lets spend all our money :eek: :D

mrs.c

Too Late !! How do you think we managed 2 cruises last year and a cruise and a tour around the Mayan ruins in Mexico later this one :D

Not leaving any for Gordon, Dave or Nick to get their hands on either :eek:

Berwyn

I thought we already had ships for v.o.a.p's cruising under the name of SAGA.

oh no, i dont want to be with the old ones . the crumblys. (thats what my grandchildren call the wrinklys when they progress past that stage and bits start to fall off)

I want to be one of the eccentric old dears who are a delight and to be indulged not one of a ship full (saga) who are to be tolerated

This is a great thread! :D

I would definitely book a place too. Hubby isn't very keen but he says he is never going to retire (he loves his work! :confused:), so I could just move into the Old Folks Ship myself and he could pay for it. :cool:

When I was on the Spirit in 2008 there was an old man who was on his 15th or 16th trip on the same ship, so I think he more or less lived there for most of the year! He didn't do any excursions or get off the ship at all - he just spent his days chilling on the Lido deck and taking part in the quizzes. He won most of them too - his cabin must have been full of Thomson Spirit t-shirts and baseball caps!!

well if you think about it. once you've paid for the cruise, everything else is optional. You dont need to do the trips. But you can get off the boat lots of places and just walk about. You dont have to buy alcohol , you could smuggle it on, or just smile nicely and get someone else to buy you a drink. Everything else is paid for...

Sorry to hear you have a kidney stone problem mrs.c, hubby was at the hospital just for a day with the same thing last August, I thought he had appendicitis 'til they did tests, the tablets they gave him were marvellous and he was fine after a few days, hope you are too, best wishes,Carole

This is a great thread! :D

I would definitely book a place too. Hubby isn't very keen but he says he is never going to retire (he loves his work! :confused:), so I could just move into the Old Folks Ship myself and he could pay for it. :cool:

When I was on the Spirit in 2008 there was an old man who was on his 15th or 16th trip on the same ship, so I think he more or less lived there for most of the year! He didn't do any excursions or get off the ship at all - he just spent his days chilling on the Lido deck and taking part in the quizzes. He won most of them too - his cabin must have been full of Thomson Spirit t-shirts and baseball caps!!

The person I am sure you mean was Ron and if so he died on the ship later in 2008.

Archived