#1 Alaska Cruisetour

im4golf

On your excursion into Denali - I like the left side of the bus. However, it does get :eek::eek::eek: on that side at Polychrome Pass (going into the park - the right side gets the :eek::eek::eek: coming back out). I've only done the bus down to Seward and prefer the right side as you're next to the Turnagain Arm for a portion of the trip.

Beadbabe - There's nothing a cruisetour includes that you can't do better ON YOUR OWN!! On our first trip to AK I originally planned on a cruisetour until I started reading this forum. Believe me, you can NOT get lost in AK, and the options of things to do on your own is quite incredible! Have fun planning!

It doesn't matter what side of the bus you are sitting animals can be seen from either side.We did a cruise tour 5 Night pre cruise Anchorage to Fairbanks and loved it.Not stressful at all just sat back and let someone else do the driving.The train ride in the Dome cars was great.We also enjoy hearing all the personal stories that the guides tell as you are traveling.

We did the Arctic Explorer cruisetour with Princess- Anchorage, Denali (2 nights), Fairbanks, Coldfoot, Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse), back to Anchorage and then to the ship. It was a wonderful vacation. Warned by CC posters that we would be "herded" from spot to spot. We never felt that way- it was our first bus/train/plane trip (not our 1st cruise), and it was fabulous.

It doesn't matter what side of the bus you are sitting animals can be seen from either side.We did a cruise tour 5 Night pre cruise Anchorage to Fairbanks and loved it.Not stressful at all just sat back and let someone else do the driving.The train ride in the Dome cars was great.We also enjoy hearing all the personal stories that the guides tell as you are traveling.

I'll second this. And due to Murphy's Law the animal you most want to see will always be on the OTHER side of the bus / train. I quickly learned how to use my camera's zoom to get by the people so I was still able to get some good pics.

Archived