How to watch for pric drop when rates aren't posted...

When the rate drops for one stateroom category, does it drop for all??

I ask this because we have a family stateroom booked and they do not post these rates online, I had to call and get my quote. So how will I know if there is a price drop??????????????????

When the rate drops for one stateroom category, does it drop for all??

I ask this because we have a family stateroom booked and they do not post these rates online, I had to call and get my quote. So how will I know if there is a price drop??????????????????

No. The rates drop for categories and the rates drop for reasons (sales, senior discount, residency rate and more).

They won't drop the price in a category if there are no cabins available in that category.

Family staterooms usually go quickly. Sometimes they are available, but don't show up online. You could call the cruise line if you really want to know.

No. The rates drop for categories and the rates drop for reasons (sales, senior discount, residency rate and more).

They won't drop the price in a category if there are no cabins available in that category.

Family staterooms usually go quickly. Sometimes they are available, but don't show up online. You could call the cruise line if you really want to know.

The point the OP is making is that their category of cabin never shows up online because it is for more than 4 occupants.

To the OP, unfortunately you will have to call and ask for the rate to be checked.

The point the OP is making is that their category of cabin never shows up online because it is for more than 4 occupants.

To the OP, unfortunately you will have to call and ask for the rate to be checked.

They usually don't post the rates, but they sometimes do. I have seen both the Family stateroom and the Royal Family Suite posted online when they are available closer to sailing and they also will sometimes make these family accomadations available for less than 5 people, sometimes just two.

we book a family cabin for our kids almost every cruise we take and we have always gotten a price drop. we do cruise in september, which is typically a month known for good price drops, but what i do is keep an eye on all the categories. if i see that other categories have went down, i give them a call to see if the family stateroom has went down. i just got a price drop 2 weeks ago on the 3rd, 4th , and 5th guest in that room, so it doesn't hurt to check! it it a little more of a pain since you normally have to call, but you never know when it will be worth it!

Archived