Laundry

OhioDogLover

With luggage restrictions, laundry has become an issue for us. I have two questions, which undoubtedly have been answered before, but I cannot find them.

1) Does Celebrity charge only by the garment for laundry, or do they have the "Bag-O-Laundry" special that we have seen on other lines?

2) Do suites get a discount or free laundry?

Thanks,

Ohiodoglover

With luggage restrictions, laundry has become an issue for us. I have two questions, which undoubtedly have been answered before, but I cannot find them.

1) Does Celebrity charge only by the garment for laundry, or do they have the "Bag-O-Laundry" special that we have seen on other lines?

2) Do suites get a discount or free laundry?

Thanks,

Ohiodoglover

the bag of laundry special is only on the next to last day and generally doesn't including ironing.

I don't know about number 2. The prices however for individual items was low....(IMO)....

Would like to know how the bag of laundry looks when returned? My DW send out a bag on RCCL. and it came back with whites looking gray; poorly folded and with missing socks. How,s the service on Celebrity?:confused:

Would like to know how the bag of laundry looks when returned? My DW send out a bag on RCCL. and it came back with whites looking gray; poorly folded and with missing socks. How,s the service on Celebrity?:confused:

they did an ok job on individual pieces not great...and the discount for novice return cruisers(classic member) was 10% for the next level its 25% and then elite has the free laundry for 30 pieces per elite member. We did some laundry and it was fairly priced but not greatly done. ok it was.

Came back fine,neatly folded,very nice. This was elite coupon for 30 pieces. I sent shorts,tops,underclothes and socks.

Came back fine,neatly folded,very nice. This was elite coupon for 30 pieces. I sent shorts,tops,underclothes and socks.

the elite coupon is not for the bag at the end of the cruise(that is specifically excluded)..

On our November mediterranean cruise there was a fill the bag for $30 special near the end of the cruise. It came back nicely folded. I personally wouldn't ever send out anything that needed special care.

the elite coupon is not for the bag at the end of the cruise(that is specifically excluded)..
My comment was that I used the elite coupon, I didn't mean it was for the bag.That didn't make a difference in the quality of the service which was very good.JMHO

Do they offer the bag of laundry deal half way through the cruise so you don't need extras for the second 7 days. Help please

no not on the recent two week Infinity only the last few days(elite get 30 pieces for free)....

I have done the free Elite 30 piece offers. Underwear and socks neatly folded. They say not ironed, but my shirts [including a tux shirt] came back neatly ironed on hangers as did a pair of chino slacks. I was quite pleased, and hope it is as good next time.

Thom

One thing worth considering, what are the charges for a 2nd bag on your airline of choise against the fees that X charges for laundry. Perhaps it's a wash.;)
Even if it should be a wash on price, IMHO it is just easier and more convenient to use the laundry service than needing to pack and unpack and repack and check and schlep around an extra unnecessary bag.

Also there is less laundry for us to do after the cruise is over.

Up to recently, we'd not used the laundry service - did a few socks/undies by hand. When we cruised on Princess, we did a load or so in the self-serve. Swore we'd not do our own laundry again on a cruise. I know there are those that prefer that, we don't.

So up comes a 14N S American and then a E Med/TA B2B for a total of 23N. We'd started cutting back more and more on what we took - not because of airline charges but to cut down the hassle of extra luggage and clothes we just didn't wear enough. These cruises we used the laundry. Used it when we needed it - charges are close to home laundry and better than any hotel rate. Did still wash out a few things just for convenience, but we found the laundry - wash/fold, iron, dry cleaning - to be as professional as we'd get at home. No lost sock, no gray clothes, and all looking fine.

I'd recommend to those not on a very tight budget - know a cruise itsself can stretch budget, but it makes it a very nice experience. We do things on a cruise we don't do at home or on a land vacation - more relaxation times, more just talking to complete strangers (at least until we talk!), selecting traditional dining instead of replacating a shore dining experience, things such as that - along with putting my dirty clothes into a bag, leaving it my room and one or two days later, there it is.

Denny

Archived