DIY from Villefranche to Nice/Eze/Monaco/MonteCarlo???

cotomom

Royal Caribbean has an 8 hour 45 min. excursion that costs $164pp. You get 30 min. 'free time' at Nice, 30min. at Eze, and 1 hour in Monaco/MonteCarlo. Lunch is included at Eze at a 'local' restaurant.

Wondering how and if all of these sights can be seen do-it-yourself, how (transportation), and for approx. how much less?

We're tendering and in port from 9-8 on a Thursday in April.

Any experts that can shed some light?

thanks!

Wow...I hope noone needs a bathroom break. 30 minutes for Nice? How much tour time will you have before your free time? The timelines you mention, if they are meant to be indicative of total time spent in each place, are not long enough. We have traveled to these places many times but as part of land based travel. Nice in particular (and not knowing what you might be doing before hand on your tour) is way too short- 2 hours of free time would be my minimum; you need atleast 1.5 hours in Eze in the summer; atleast 1.5 hours in Monaco in the summer. IMHO anyway.

Suggest getting feedback from Hank (hlitner) as he has traveled the French Riviera extensively (both land based and cruise), and we find his recommendations to be very good. He can tell you train/ bus schedules, etc. It's alot to fit into a day, but I think it is doable based on your timeline. Again, recommend running it by Hank for his input as he will likely have been there/ done that.

Best of luck with your plans!

I normally answer these kind of questions in extreme detail, but at this point am not in a mood to repeat myself every week. If the OP were to do a search of this board (or even scroll back and look at posts for the past 2 weeks) the questions have been addressed many times.

Hank

I normally answer these kind of questions in extreme detail, but at this point am not in a mood to repeat myself every week. If the OP were to do a search of this board (or even scroll back and look at posts for the past 2 weeks) the questions have been addressed many times.

Hank

You've been very helpful in previous posts and I'm very grateful for your input. Sometimes, I find, peopel want the info thrown in their lap rather doing a little research on their own; however, in all defense of first timers, the planning process is a little nerve wracking. Again, thanks!

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but it is amazing how many just come onto this forum and ask the same questions again and again and again. A few of us do keep repeating the same advice again and again and again, but in this case the topic has been addressed quite often in the past month. It might be helpful if the mods posted a general suggestion that folks scroll-back a few weeks before posting their questions. It even gets crazier when we are on Med cruises where we no longer go to Roll Calls. The last few times we did the Roll Calls we would have folks ask us the same questions day after day even though their questions had been addressed right here on this forum. We salute CC for making these forums available to the public and promoting the Roll Calls. Now if we could just get folks to spend a little time (and effort) doing some research before they post it would reduce all the clutter on this forum. Oh my, now I am leaving clutter :)

Hank

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but it is amazing how many just come onto this forum and ask the same questions again and again and again. A few of us do keep repeating the same advice again and again and again, but in this case the topic has been addressed quite often in the past month. It might be helpful if the mods posted a general suggestion that folks scroll-back a few weeks before posting their questions. It even gets crazier when we are on Med cruises where we no longer go to Roll Calls. The last few times we did the Roll Calls we would have folks ask us the same questions day after day even though their questions had been addressed right here on this forum. We salute CC for making these forums available to the public and promoting the Roll Calls. Now if we could just get folks to spend a little time (and effort) doing some research before they post it would reduce all the clutter on this forum. Oh my, now I am leaving clutter :)

Hank

For those that are just coming on now, just take the time and read. Scroll through the topics so we don't lose people like you. . . your previous statement made me do just that. Thanks again, Hank.

Archived