Voyager's Kids Club

abikk

I"ll be going on RC cruise (Voyager out of Galveston) with my 6 y/o in a few weeks. Does anyone have thoughts or advice about the kid's club at this age level? I really want him to do something active and not waste time with video games. Also, how clean is it? He still puts his fingers in mouth every so often so I'm a little concerned about him catching something. Thank you.

Kids club schedules are always at the link in my schedule. Try these...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

You may not see Voyager but the activities are similiar fleetwide.

AO is a good program. There are a lot of different activities and none of them have to do with playing video games all day long. Actually, one upset parent was in front of me at AO. She was mad because her son was NOT allowed to play video games all day long in AO. ;)

The program is very physically active. And the room is very clean. I had no concerns with that. At least, not on the ships we were on.

Have a great cruise!

Your child probably has a more advanced immune system than most, if he's putting everything into his mouth! He hasn't died yet...and he won't on the ship. There are no more 'germs' on a ship than anywhere else! His school is 10X's more "germy" than the ship could ever be!

Bonjour abikk,

I travelled on the Voyager of the Seas in Western Med out of Barcelona in Oct 2009 with my 6 year old, who also sucks her thumb (whenever I am not looking:rolleyes::p).

My daughter needs a lot of stimulation to keep her interested and happy...and she looovved the children`s program. Make sure to go to the ``introduction session`` on the first day. The children`s program staff was amazing and truly dedicated. Whenever we were not on port, she was in the kid`s program...5 minutes after returning from port, she was in the program...

They had a variety of physical, musical, artistic activities to please all the kids. When we were on board, there were not many kids, so they amalgamated all the programs together and served kids from 3 to 12 in a variety of languages and all seemed satisfied.

Hope your child enjoys the program and cruise as much as my daughter did!

Merci,

Lisou

We sailed on Voyager out of Galveston last April (how I wish we were going this year). Our two boys were 10 and 15 at the time we sailed. For the 10 year old we had to drag him out of the kids clubs (not as many teens for our older one, but he did enjoy playing "rock band" out on the deck one evening). The 10 year old met many other boys, and we often had to pay the additional fee after 10 pm so he could stay and hang out. He played in the pool with his new friends, and spent time on the sports court with them as well. They have "active" things for the kids, and quiet games as well. The captain also stopped by for a private photo op with the kids.

We have sailed Disney as well, and I was worried that this cruise wouldn't be able to compare in the kid club area. I was wrong. The staff in the kids clubs were wonderful. The younger one even made a pillowcase that he slept on for weeks. Think the only reason it isn't on his bed now is that we changed to flannel sheets for the winter and the cotton sheets haven't come out yet.

The wait staff (Romeo!) was great with both of them, and the younger one is extremely picky! Both always had chocolate milk waiting for them when we arrived at dinner.

Plenty of hand sanitizer around the ship. Have fun and your kids will have fun too!

Thank you all so much for the information. The poster who had the link to the daily schedules really is doing people like me a great favor. It's nice to know what to expect. I'm glad to hear that the kid's club is clean and that all your kids had such a good time. It's the first cruise we're taking with our child and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Archived