Please help me feel better about my inside cabin

needalatte74

Instead of looking at what you might be losing out on, just think aboutwhat a wonderful experience you are providing for your children. I'm sure they will be more than happy with an inside room, because they don't know any better. They will be so excited about the pools, the ocean and all of the fun they are going to be having. Going on a cruise as a kid was unheard of when I was a child. I have stayed in inside rooms, ocean view, and balcony rooms, and I can tell you, as a new parent and just having gotten off my last cruise in Jan.with a balcony, (1st cruise with my daughter in tow) it isn't nearly the experience you would remember. The days of leisurely sipping coffee and nibbling on danishes on your balcony while reading a good book are over!! I barely got to stand on my balcony for more than a few minutes a day, with all of the wardrobe changes, diaper changes, and everything else that comes along with motherhood. So relax, enjoy your cruise, and focus on showing your kids a good time, because those are the memories you will take away, not the room you stayed in :)

I would rather take two cruises staying in the inside cabins than only one with a balcony!! Getting ready to take my 9th cruise in Aug, 2010, 10th in Dec, 2010, stayed in a balcony only once after i returned home felt robbed because i could have sailed twice for the money i spent. Live and learn i only stay in the inside cabins because i love the ocean and i can go to the open decks all day and all night to view that!!

I just booked my next cruise, with two inside connecting cabins. I spent about $200 more to get the second cabin rather than four in one cabin. It will give us two bathrooms etc. My first cruise was in an inside, and it was the largest, nicest cabin. We seriously were there to change clothes, sleep, shower, and maybe chill out and write postcards for half hour or so.

I'd far rather spend on shore excursions or other things. You'll have a great time for far less!

Archived