Recent Indy Cruisers

I usually take a rolling bag of non-alcoholic beverages on board and have never had a problem. I've been reading about recent problems and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience taking these on board the Indy or at Ft. Lauderdale. I'd rather not go through the hassel if I'm going to have to send DH back to the car with them (they are mostly for him).

Thank you!

I heard several people on our recent cruise say that their drinks were taken and actually destroyed..... One women brought a very nice bottle of wine on board for their anniversary and she never got it back.

:eek:

I just got back from the IOS and we were taken down to the knotty room for a case of water and a bottle of mouth wash..we got to keep both.. they could not guarantee me that there was no salt left after filteration in the ships water and I have a heart condition so faced with the threat of a law suit if something should happen they let me take my water on board.. the dumb security guy forgot to smell the mouth wash.. listerine works again!!!!Leave the lable on and try to keep the cello seal in tact...

I heard several people on our recent cruise say that their drinks were taken and actually destroyed..... One women brought a very nice bottle of wine on board for their anniversary and she never got it back.

last time I checked wine was an alcoholic beverage and NOT allowed to be brought on board according to the cruise contract.

The other people - were they talking about alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages being taken? Big difference.

Lydia

We were Indy on 2/14 and brought non-alcoholic beverages on board. We had a small rolling suitcase with 2 6pks of gatorade and a 12pk of bottled water and then stuck 2 12pks of soda in another suitcase.

No questions, no comments, no flyers, etc.

I just got back from the IOS and we were taken down to the knotty room for a case of water and a bottle of mouth wash..we got to keep both.. they could not guarantee me that there was no salt left after filteration in the ships water and I have a heart condition so faced with the threat of a law suit if something should happen they let me take my water on board..

Seriously, they wanted to confiscate your water?

I usually take a rolling bag of non-alcoholic beverages on board and have never had a problem. I've been reading about recent problems and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience taking these on board the Indy or at Ft. Lauderdale. I'd rather not go through the hassel if I'm going to have to send DH back to the car with them (they are mostly for him).

Thank you!

We just got off the Indy in Ft Lauderdale on Saturday. I had a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and was able to keep it, they did physically search my luggage (we checked our luggage but when I got my suit case AFTER the other two were made it to the room it had the orange no no card in it but they DID NOT seize my mountain dew) to check what was in the 12 pack but that was it.

Archived