Wrapping up Freedom Cruise 3/14/10 - 3/21/10

Unfortunately the last day at sea, but a great cruise - Some small speedbumps here and there (bad weather cancelling Coco Cay - BUT silver lining, credit for the $380 for the jet skis and almost $100 in port fees) allowed us a night at CHOPS! Only downside worth writing about was the medical evacuation via USCG helicopter around noon today - evac seemed to go offf without a hitch, CG personel and helo hovered for a while and did a "fly-by", almost a photo op before taking off -- I've saved everything, all 7 days compass, menus, etc, which I will scan once I get back along with a brief review and some photos....If you know you're interested in copies, please feel free to email me off newsgroup at cape road king at aol dot com ((obviously remove the spaces) and I'll get them out to you next week!!!

Only downside worth writing about was the medical evacuation via USCG helicopter around noon today - evac seemed to go offf without a hitch, CG personel and helo hovered for a while and did a "fly-by", almost a photo op before taking off

I am glad you have enjoyed the cruise. Any word about what the medical evacuation was about? Hopefully everyone is okay.

I am glad you have enjoyed the cruise. Any word about what the medical evacuation was about? Hopefully everyone is okay.

Practically every cruise I have been on some one has had to be medevaced off by helicopter or boat. Very hard to have a small city for a week without a serious medical issue and a cruise ship is no different.

Archived