Things to do that do NOT involve Stingrays or Turtles?

parrotthead

Looking for something interesting to do in GC that does NOT involve Stingrays or Turtles. Seems like all the 'tours' include one or both.(no desire to see either, un-natural, I know, but I just dont have the inclination to see them)

We love GrandCayman so dont want to just go to a beach (we have a favorite beach club in Cozumel that we usually make our 'beach day')

We did the Atlantis Sub and enjoyed that, we love the shopping, but again, done it. (love Breezes, will probably do a flyby there for a couple of their wonderfully amazing Mojitos and Conch Fritters)

Would like to see Hell, but understand its a stop, not a distanation.

Love 'local' places that are not too tourist-y.

Any suggestions?

Well, you've pretty much summed up most of what there is to do in GC.Stingrays, turtles, shopping, Atlantis Sub and beaches are most of the activities. Hell is a very short stop and really kind of lame. There is a dolphin park but a pretty short stop too. Just a small gift shop and a large pool area with a few dolphins. I think there is a botanical garden there but I've never been.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not into turtles, you're probably not into butterflies either... but they has a small butterfly "shop" where you can walk thru a small enclosed garden area and see a huge variety of butterflies. The guids also tells you everything you ever wanted to know about butterflies and there is a small gift shop. It was a lot smaller then I though it would be but still kind of cool.

We are going to do the Kayak Safari and then head to Margaritaville. We have not sailed yet, but another poster a couple of threads down is doing this excursion this month and she is going to post back. The thread is titled " Kayak Safari" if you want to peek. We wanted a little something different as well. The Kayaks are 2-man and you can snorkel if you choose to as well. It sounds like fun.

Enjoy your cruise and time in GC. Cari.

The Queen Elizabeth Botanic Park is a worthwhile stop if you're a fan of gardens and flowers. The park is fairly large and well kept, and the blue iguanas wandering around are pretty cool. The only negative is that it's so far from Georgetown. If you have enough time, the way to get there is by bus, it's only around $3 each way and leaves from the bus depot only a couple blocks from the cruise terminal.

I've read about a horseback ride on the beach at Grand Caymen. I haven't done that one, but have in another port and really enjoyed it. We'll be in GC in July and we're going to the beach with a family group. I would love to ride the horses, but maybe another time.:)

Elsie:cool:

• 1 month later...

Last summer my 15 year old daughter and I took the bus to 7 mile beach and rented a wave runner for an hour. That was FANTASTIC! You may also want to consider parasailing, which I am trying to talk her into this year! :o

Archived