Walking Distance From NCL Dock In Costa Maya

Dancinfeet

Could someone please tell me how far the walk is from the NCL dock in Costa Maya to where you meet your excursion tour guide? My DH has a bit of a problem walking long distances and especially on inclines, so I would like to know what we can expect before we get there. We are leaving next week for our cruise on the Jewel :)

If you are going on a tour through the cruiseline, you join them at the end of the pier just before you enter the "mall" area. Still a pretty good walk, but flat. There will be people holding signs. If you are going on a privately booked tour (we went to Maya Chan beach resort a couple times) you have to walk through the mall area, and a parking lot and then down the street for a block or so- there a tour person waits and puts you in a cab.;)

It's a long pier but there are trams that go back and forth. So you can catch one of those. No hills. But I'm not sure there are any real bargains in the port shops definitely tourista oriented. Probably some bargaining could be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Having some knee problems, let me tell you, the pier is one of the longest piers I've been too! Yes it is flat but long. When we left the ship we had no idea there was a tram and didn't see it till we were almost at the mall area.

Walking to get out of the mall / shopping area is good little walk to get to the buses and cabs.

I was extremely glad to catch the tram on the way back.

The one good thing about the pier in Costa Maya.... you can get some great pictures of the ship!

Archived