Flying with Princess Air on Thomas Cook from Gatwick

jtsbusiness

Has anybody flown recently with Thomas Cook to join Princess cruise and experienced any problems with hand luggage.

We are unable to find any hand luggage the required size (43cm x 28cm x 23cm). Unfortunately we have left it to the last minute, thinking it would be conventional size, but find that even my handbag is too big!!!

Do they rigorously check the size of your luggage or is it acceptable as long as it is reasonably within the boundary?

I have a small ruck sack, but even that is too big, and hoped that I could use that.

Please help. I have tried the Air Thread, but got no response, so trying this thread now as we fly out very very soon and desperately need to know the answer.

We flew with Thomas Cook three weeks ago and complied with all the sizes and weight. Nobody even looked at our hand luggage and about three quarters of the people on our flight had bags twice as big as ours.

Coming back straight from coach hand luggage put through scanners and through to departure lounge.

Having said that, if I had used my bigger hand luggage i bet I would have been the one pulled up. I didn't even put my handbag in my hand luggage and nor did anyone else.

We were the 3rd in the queue to check in and so were lucky to get two seats together at the back of the plane where it narrow from 3 x 3 x 3 to 2 x 2 but there are only about a dozen of them so you need to get there about 4 hours early.

Thanks Vicky. What time did you get to the check in desk? We are staying overnight at the Hilton and had hoped to sign in the night before, but this seems to be one airline that does not do that!

What kind of hand luggage did you use? I have looked at so many bags and cases, and can't find anything that seems to fit!

Hope you had a great time. We can't wait for our cruise.

Flight was 9.45 we were at the check-in desk at 5.30, as I said third in queue, check-in opened at 5.45 but it was worth it to get the seats at the back and you get the same seats on the way back so worth getting what you want.

As for bags, I took an ordinary carry on bag so I could put my handbag in easily if I had to but no need and a small holdall on wheels which was pretty much within the dimensions, just a bit over.

We flew Thomas Cook last January and found them to be very good.

kruisey, Princess use them for charter flights from the UK.

I agree about booking in early. If the plane is an Airbus 330, the configuration mentioned is as mentioned. To get a 2 is a bonus.

Archived