Need some help from Florida residents

Lolasmom

Hi all,

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise out of POM.

We are looking to pick up some Clamato juice before hoping on our transportation to the port.

Does anyone know, specifically, what stores sell this? I know that there is a K-mart, Big Lots and Publix within close proximity to our hotel (which is near FLL airport).

I would prefer to know exactly where to go, so that we are not racking up a huge cab fare driving all over the place looking for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks so much Angela - I know that there is a Publix within a short cab ride of our hotel! I have contacted a couple of stores by email but have not heard back from them yet, so this information is great!

And I must say that I totally agree with you, however, up here in Canada we call them Bloody Caesars and they ARE fantastic. It is my favourite drink and I really want to make them on board!

Thanks again for your help!

Heather

Thanks so much Angela - I know that there is a Publix within a short cab ride of our hotel! I have contacted a couple of stores by email but have not heard back from them yet, so this information is great!

And I must say that I totally agree with you, however, up here in Canada we call them Bloody Caesars and they ARE fantastic. It is my favourite drink and I really want to make them on board!

Thanks again for your help!

Heather

We also call them bloody caesars when made with just Clamato but I prefer to add a little to BM mix (Major Peters) with some horseradish.

And half of a lime, juiced, in each glass...that (and the Clamato) is what makes them simply awesome. Here in Miami, we squeeze lime juice all over darn near everything, except our coffee. :)

but for your cruise, just pick up one or two of the lime juice squeezies that are shaped like limes. Fresh fruit will get confiscated by US Customs. You might be able to get fresh cut limes at the bars and buffets on the ship, too.

Never thought about the fruit part! I usually have lemon with mine - clamato juice, vodka (of course), tobasco sauce, worcestershire sauce, a squeeze of lemon and celery salt on the rim! That's a great idea getting slices from the bar!

Thanks so much for all the great ideas!

Archived