Tahiti to New Zealand Cruise

Cruisedreamer1

We are considering take this cruise in November. Has anyone taken this cruise before and if so how was it? We have cruised with the PG before and love all of its amentitie. We want to know about the 2000 miles between NZ and say Fiji. Are the seas rough? Thanks. If you have cruised before on this itinerary which direction did you cruise?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
We are considering take this cruise in November. Has anyone taken this cruise before and if so how was it? We have cruised with the PG before and love all of its amentitie. We want to know about the 2000 miles between NZ and say Fiji. Are the seas rough? Thanks. If you have cruised before on this itinerary which direction did you cruise?

Thanks.

I have been considering the same cruise itinerary in November...Tahiti to Auckland...and have also wondered about the weather/seas at that time. After pondering direction and considering pros/cons of 19 days v. 22 days, my own choice was made/decided by the calendar....

Any veteral PG cruisers willing to share information about November?

Tee

PS Which departure did you book, Dreamcruiser1?

November is late Spring for New Zealand so the weather can be varaible - it could be hot and sunny, it could be cold and wet. This would apply to Auckland, Tauranga and the Bay of Islands.

Again depending on the weather the crossing up to Tonga might be rough, but once Tonga is reached you are into tropical waters and the daytime temperature will be about 26C/80F and those temperatures should prevail all the way to Tahiti. As with most tropical destinations you do need to expect a fair amount of rain, but it will be warm rain!

I think this is a great trip and I am considering it myself!

We chose to take the 11/06 departure since the dates are better for us. Also, the food going on AT to Tahiti is better than the way back and I guess that Quantas will have better food to Los Angeles.

We have had good luck with the weather cruising in this area at the end of October to mid December.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Tahiti to Fiji last year. Very smooth sailing . The only challenge was the swell at Aitutaki as the ship tenders from outside the reef. Getting on board the tenders was a challenge and took 45 minutes.

The PG Capt ( Raiko?) is really nice and does a good job too. The tender staff are wonderful. We recently were on the Regent Mariner in the Med and the tender staff were not a patch on those on the PG. They have always taken great care of us.

Just reading your posts I feel the FP Flu coming on. Unfortunately I am all booked up until April 2012.

• 5 months later...

Hi

I am booked on the Tahiti to New Zealand cruise on 6/11/10. I am a single traveller and this is my first cruise, can anyone give me any tips as to what to avoid or ensure I bring in my luggage. I ve read the review of the PG and it all looks good, I am looking forward to the cruise and meeting some new people and enjoying the sun and scenery. Has any one booked any of the trips, I have booked on the following

Snorkel and Black Pearl Farm Adventure Motu Mahana

ATV Guided Tour Moorea

Aitutaki Discovery Safari

Can anyone advise if they have received their tickets as I have not.

Regards Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

The PG is a casual dress cruise ship. You can wear pretty much what you want during the day. At dinner, the line requests "country club casual" which means no shorts or jeans. For women, it means a sun dress, no nylons, slacks and blouse. I am not a fancy dresser and I never have felt underdressed at anytime. In fact, those who chose to "dress up" kinda looked out of place.

Be sure to take something for motion sickness(ginger,bands,drugs,etc). I am affected but my husband and adult daughter are not. There is a small library on the ship but you should take at least one book. My favorite quote from a passenger was : I have 4 books with me but I am only on page 5 of the 1st!!!!

Take beach shoes for walking in the water. There is a lot of coral and they will make it easier for you.

Take any over the counter drugs with you since they are expensive on the ship and on land. It cost me $70 for a visit the the ship's doctor just to get an antihistamine for a horrible cold I had once on ship.

As a single traveler, you should have no problems. Be sure to request a table for 6 to 8 people and that should insure that you meet lots of people. One of the things I like about cruising on the PG is that we always meet and enjoy a variety of interesting and chatty people while on board.

We look forward to meeting you!!!

We received our tickets 2 weeks ago. I would call your TA NOW!!!

Archived