Princess Baltic Spring 2011

Sominex

Princess has taken Gdansk Poland off the itinerary and putting Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany as well as Aarhus, Denmark on instead and adding an extra day. I'm justing checking into shore excursions (I know it's early) but I love planning on what I would like to see. Is it worth it to take the train to Berlin or is there something closer that is worth seeing instead?

Any info would be appreciated.

Som

Princess has taken Gdansk Poland off the itinerary and putting Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany as well as Aarhus, Denmark on instead and adding an extra day. I'm justing checking into shore excursions (I know it's early) but I love planning on what I would like to see. Is it worth it to take the train to Berlin or is there something closer that is worth seeing instead?

Any info would be appreciated.

Som

If you want to see Berlin, then it is worth it. If you will feel, after you get home, that you really wanted to take that trip to Berlin, and didn't, do it.

Yes, it is a very long day, with 3 hours there and the same coming back. When we were in London, we went to Paris for the day. With the thinking that this was our one and only chance to see Paris, so even the long train ride, and just being in Paris for a few hours, to us now, it was all well worth it.

I have been to Berlin when I was in the service, my wife not, but we decided that we would rather take in some of the interesting places closer to the port. Look on some of the threads here, and you will see several places you can go to by train from Warnemunde, and have a grand day.

If you plan on doing a private tour in St Petersburg, several companies also do Berlin tours. Companies like SPB tours who we used in St Petersburg, will also do a Berlin tour for you and usually give you a good deal if you decide to do both with the same company. I cannot recommend them high enough. They are just a pleasure to deal with.

So those are thing for you to think about.

Also, look at your itinerary. Maybe you have a sea day after Berlin, or maybe you need time to rest up after along day??

From all the people who did do the Berlin trip, everyone came back thrilled and so glad they did it. I have not heard one person say it just wasn't worth it.

Cheers

Len

If you want to see Berlin, then it is worth it. If you will feel, after you get home, that you really wanted to take that trip to Berlin, and didn't, do it.

Yes, it is a very long day, with 3 hours there and the same coming back. When we were in London, we went to Paris for the day. With the thinking that this was our one and only chance to see Paris, so even the long train ride, and just being in Paris for a few hours, to us now, it was all well worth it.

I have been to Berlin when I was in the service, my wife not, but we decided that we would rather take in some of the interesting places closer to the port. Look on some of the threads here, and you will see several places you can go to by train from Warnemunde, and have a grand day.

If you plan on doing a private tour in St Petersburg, several companies also do Berlin tours. Companies like SPB tours who we used in St Petersburg, will also do a Berlin tour for you and usually give you a good deal if you decide to do both with the same company. I cannot recommend them high enough. They are just a pleasure to deal with.

So those are thing for you to think about.

Also, look at your itinerary. Maybe you have a sea day after Berlin, or maybe you need time to rest up after along day??

From all the people who did do the Berlin trip, everyone came back thrilled and so glad they did it. I have not heard one person say it just wasn't worth it.

Cheers

Len

Thanks Len; I'll think we will do Berlin; always wanted to go through Checkpoint Charlie but that's long gone but still can see it. We have a sea day prior to Germany so I'll guess we'll rest up then.

Som

Thanks Len; I'll think we will do Berlin; always wanted to go through Checkpoint Charlie but that's long gone but still can see it. We have a sea day prior to Germany so I'll guess we'll rest up then.

Som

Do check into doing both tours, St Petersburg and Berlin with the same company. As Is aid, we used SPB tours for St Petersburg and they did a fantastic job. Here is their web site if you wish to look into using them for both visits

http://www.spb-tours.com/

Viktoria is a wonderful person to deal with and she will answer any questions you may have the very next day.

But whomever you chose, you will have a magnificent time

Cheers

Len

Archived