Solstice drink packages, tips, blowdryers, and a rollaway...

julba

We are thinking of purchasing a drink package for our upcoming Solstice cruise. And yes, we have calculated how much we'd have to drink in a day to make it a worthwhile purchase. My question is, when you use your drink card at the bar, do they still add on a 15% gratuity to your shipboard account? If that's the case, we probably wouldn't purchase the package.

Also, do they have a good "powerful" blowdryer in each stateroom?

And lastly, we are going to be in the Family suite. Rather than sleeping on the pull-out couch, would they provide a roll-a-way bed instead? From the pictures I've seen, the couch/trundle doesn't look very comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

The "tip" is included in the price of the soda card...so you won't pay 15% for soda at a bar...they'll just "fill you up"...no "chit" to sign or anything.

The blowdryers are like the short-nosed hotel dryers...they get hot, but don't blow hard enough for me. I bring my own.

Can't help you with the cot.....call and ask. If it's for a child or teen, they don't care much about "comfort" and can sleep anywhere. If it's for an adult....it wouldn't be me, either on a sofabed or cot!

The "tip" is included in the price of the soda card...so you won't pay 15% for soda at a bar...they'll just "fill you up"...no "chit" to sign or anything.

The blowdryers are like the short-nosed hotel dryers...they get hot, but don't blow hard enough for me. I bring my own.

Can't help you with the cot.....call and ask. If it's for a child or teen, they don't care much about "comfort" and can sleep anywhere. If it's for an adult....it wouldn't be me, either on a sofabed or cot!

Are the blow dryers the type I can just bring my round diffuser and put on? Trying everything to save weight in the luggage ;) Thanks!

Are the blow dryers the type I can just bring my round diffuser and put on? Trying everything to save weight in the luggage ;) Thanks!

Hard to say, as my daughter's diffuser works on her drier and not mine. And we have pretty close to the same style. Depends on how the diffuser attaches I guess.

Hard to say, as my daughter's diffuser works on her drier and not mine. And we have pretty close to the same style. Depends on how the diffuser attaches I guess.

I have a Chi drier which has a round diffuser ...I hate the thought of packing it. I have curly hair and usually partially dry it.

Archived