Couple of random questions...

FKGirl

I am beyond excited for my cruise on the Spirit on June 5th, and have been reading all of the wonderful praise on this board. That being said, can you all answer a few questions for me, please?

1. For the in-room bar setup there is a list of choices online. Are there more choices than that generally at the bars? For example, I believe there was Jim Beam and Jack Daniels but no other Bourbon choices. Thoughts?

2. Does anyone have any samples of recent menus? I saw a link from someone's cruise, but they were from 2008

3. Thoughts on the port of Brindisi? I have read some less than flattering things about the town. Most of the ports on the itinerary seem to be little towns where you can go, walk around, possibly go to a beach then get back on the ship and enjoy.

Regarding the in room bar setup my suggestion is not to put anything down on your gust form. Rather tell your stewardess what you want on embarkation and you will have it in an hour. You can request anything within reason including premium brands not on the guest form and you'll have it usually that evening.

When I was in Rome, I bought several bottles of Moscato and they kept them and served it to me. NO problem. I even left one bottle to enjoy when I board the Legend in TWO days!!

BTW, the menus are pretty much the same, so those already on file here are good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I probably would have preferred a small batch bourbon but ordered the Jim Beam and some Tangueray for my wife. We never actually opened them. The bar was 20 yards away and they made the drinks for you.

Great idea, thanks!

Also, does anyone know if they allow corkage in the dining room? We will be in Italy and I may not be able to help myself in the wine shops...

They allow your own bottles of wine on board,there is no corkage charge as wine is inclusive anyway.

You may also purchase wines from the intensive wine list.

I probably would have preferred a small batch bourbon but ordered the Jim Beam and some Tangueray for my wife. We never actually opened them. The bar was 20 yards away and they made the drinks for you.

I find that we never drink in our suite except when we stay in and have dinner,one night each week.

Archived