Camp Carnival Question

twinzmommy

I'm cruising on the Carnival Pride this summer. There will be 4 kids in our group...two 6 year olds, a 7 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. I know the 3 older kids are in the same age group for camp carnival. Do you think there is any chance that the 4 year old will be allowed to stay with the older kids? Are there times when the different age groups are all together, or do they always keep them separate?

Thanks for any info!

Lisa

I don't believe they would allow a 4.5 year old to go with the 6-8 year old group... unless perhaps there are not too many kids onboard. The 2-5 & 6-8 year old groups do stay together in the evenings during 'babysitting' and typically have some activities together in the same room. The way the Spirit class ships are set up, the room can be divided in half or opened up.

I was just told by my PVP that Carnival is really strict on keeping ages together. Having said that, I ahve heard many times that once you get on board they are flexable. One person said if the younger child spends the first day in his/her age group they will see if he/she behaves enough to go with the older kids. If I could change one thing about Camp Carnival it would be age flexability. I understand as a parent why I wouldn't want 14 year olds with my 6 year old, but instead of the groups being 2-4, 5-8 or whatever, why not have them overlap. 2-5, 4-7, 6-8 etc so there is some flexability. Who wants to go on vacation and then go alone to activities.

age groups are 2-5 6-8 9-11

If you want the kids to be together-- the older kids will have to move down in age groups, i doubt the 7 year old would want to be with a bunch of babies.

Carnival is very strict= and a 4.1/2 year old with the 8 year olds---hmm jsut wont work.

You might be happy to know that the kids are in the same area though so it mayhelp.

I'm cruising on the Carnival Pride this summer. There will be 4 kids in our group...two 6 year olds, a 7 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. I know the 3 older kids are in the same age group for camp carnival. Do you think there is any chance that the 4 year old will be allowed to stay with the older kids? Are there times when the different age groups are all together, or do they always keep them separate?

Thanks for any info!

Lisa

I am in the same situation. We are sailing the Pride in May and my youngest will be 3 months shy of 6....wish she could be in the same group as her 7 1/2 yr old sister. Thinking it would make things much easier when we want them to go to Camp after dinner for a few hours. But I too heard they are very strict with the age groups.

We leave in 3 days for our cruise on the Miracle (yipee!) We have a 7 year old daughter and a 5.5 year old daughter. I am going to see if I can have my 5.5 year old moved into the 6-9's to be with her older sister, but I will completely understand if they say that they can't do it. We are traveling during spring break, so Camp Carnival may be packed. Either way, I'm sure that she'll have a great time.

We leave in 3 days for our cruise on the Miracle (yipee!) We have a 7 year old daughter and a 5.5 year old daughter. I am going to see if I can have my 5.5 year old moved into the 6-9's to be with her older sister, but I will completely understand if they say that they can't do it. We are traveling during spring break, so Camp Carnival may be packed. Either way, I'm sure that she'll have a great time.

if you think of it could you please post how you made out when you return?

Enjoy your vacation!! We leave in 45 days.....we are all counting down!!

Was on the Legend last week. While booking our son into the 2 - 5 year old group a lady wanted to put her 5 year old with her 7 year old in that group and they would not allow it. They were nice about it - but would not bend.

I'm going into our cruise expecting to receive the same answer. I will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out otherwise! Thanks!

A 4 1/5 yo is still 18 months from the next age group, they won't bend on that one. We just got off the Splendor. Our oldest turned 8 in Feb and we are cruising Splendor again in Jan, 1 month before he is 9. I did ask the director about maybe putting him in the next higher age group for that cruise. She said she wouldn't have a problem with it since he is only 1 month away from being in that group anyway and has already cruised several times. The only thing, she said, is that since he is not officially 9, he will not be able to sign himself in and out. I wouldn't allow a 9yo to do that anyway, so no big deal.

At night and during the day there are a couple hour blocks where the 2-5 and 6-8 groups do intermingle somewhat. It's kind of like "free play" where they can do pretty much what they want.

Carnival tries to make exceptions to the rule, when they can, if a child is "close". Sadly that is not the case here.

But even if a child is close....sometimes the answer is no based on other issues, like the number of children already in an age group.

I always tell folks, it never hurts to ask...but to please understand if the answer is no. Camp Carnival staff want your family to have the best time possible, so they truly do what they can...when they can.

I worried about this too, but you know what? My kids had a delightful time being in their own age group, making their own new cruise friends just like at school. Trust me, the counselors will get your kids engaged and they'll have fun. 4 year old fun is a lot different than 7 year old fun.

Might have been just my cruise, But my son was allowed to go to the younger group because of his size.

We has supposed to be in the mid range7y but they allowed him to go to the 6y

just talk to the sitters,

But I will warn you there isnt allot of stuff in that group for younger kids.

They primarily play video games and the computer they do do activities as well but there aren't toys.

And in my cruise the two rooms were side by side so they could check on each other when they wanted.

but my son ended up making friends and didn't worry about his brother much

Something else we didnt know until the cruise is they will watch the kids all day on shore day if there are excursions that you may want to do but aren't kid freindly, like shopping or etc

Might have been just my cruise, But my son was allowed to go to the younger group because of his size.

We has supposed to be in the mid range7y but they allowed him to go to the 6y

just talk to the sitters,

But I will warn you there isnt allot of stuff in that group for younger kids.

They primarily play video games and the computer they do do activities as well but there aren't toys.

And in my cruise the two rooms were side by side so they could check on each other when they wanted.

but my son ended up making friends and didn't worry about his brother much

Something else we didnt know until the cruise is they will watch the kids all day on shore day if there are excursions that you may want to do but aren't kid freindly, like shopping or etc

The group was 6-8 if he was on Carnival.

Archived