1-star Mariner before first cruise?

Infi

Did you find different prices with the ghost identity? I had wondered if they might be giving the same price based on my ID since you have to give it to get to the prices page.

Yes, the prices were different depending on which ID I used to log in to the site. Like I said, I don't have a cruise currently booked so I can't be sure if that issue still exists.

I'm a newbie to HAL - embarking Eurodam at Dover on 29th May. My booking shows up a Mariner Number for both myself and my Mother. We last sailed on Cunard's QE2 5 years ago (and are stll registered as Cunard World Club Members) so it's possible there's been a a match up of databases (we havent changed address in the interim). I have, however, made an on-line Excursion booking for this cruise.

So my simple question is this : If we are "mariners", can we have lunch in the MDR rather than in the busier Lido on embarkation day?

It's a brochure that shows all the cruise itineraries for all the ships for an entire year -- doesn't go into detail -- but at least you can look at everything -- it's broken down into categories like Caribbean, Europe, etc.

We used to get them all the time on the other ships -- even ones where we knew that HAL had already changed itineries for a coupleof ships.

I will able to pick up a copy of the cruise planner in the Neptune lounge on my last cruise

• 8 months later...

everybody...who even books gets a friggen star.... If my trash man booked a cruise...his first he would be a one star.

Frankly the whole thing is a total marketing ploy to make folks think they are special... Its sort of like selling magic beans.. if you make then seem valuable then they have worth......its pretty funny but some take it rather seriously.....

I personally dont give a rats-butt about it.... and drop all the hype-invites to " special" mariners this or that. Their elite benifits are laughable after youe sail hundreds of days you get $10 off dinner or half off some special drinks....

I saw one and all it was was a bunch of folks trying to impress eachother with their "elite status":p

You will be better served, in my opinion having a great time and making friends and being yourself .:rolleyes: Dont obsess on this trinket....

Please correct me if I misunderstand, but I cruised for 13 nights this year on the Dawn Princess, so are those nights credited to my mariner status? The reason I ask, is because if they do, then I will have progressed to 34 nights, having done 21 on HAL last year, and the 13 on Princess this year. I also booked all our shore excursions through Princess, does this stand for anything?:confused: Hey! If I can get my next star prior to next years cruise, why not? Maybe they will not benefit me, but it is fun trying while I am waiting for the darn LONG months to go before I embark. Keeps me out of trouble while I am on the 'puter....

Please correct me if I misunderstand, but I cruised for 13 nights this year on the Dawn Princess, so are those nights credited to my mariner status? The reason I ask, is because if they do, then I will have progressed to 34 nights, having done 21 on HAL last year, and the 13 on Princess this year. I also booked all our shore excursions through Princess, does this stand for anything?:confused: Hey! If I can get my next star prior to next years cruise, why not? Maybe they will not benefit me, but it is fun trying while I am waiting for the darn LONG months to go before I embark. Keeps me out of trouble while I am on the 'puter....

Cruise nights on Princess won't count towards your total days on HAL, only on Princess. If you cruised on another cruise line under the carnival umbrella, are are considered a 1 star mariner, with 0 days. Since you've sailed on HAL, you'll get credit for any days on HAL but nothing from princess/carnival/seabourn/etc.

Archived