Pretzel Roll Question

alwalaska

Before we went on our latest cruise in January I had heard so much about these pretzel rolls. Since DH and I never go to the buffet I thought I would ask the butler if they could bring a couple up for us to try. Well, I forgot and mom and sis wanted to eat in the buffet so we thought we would give it a try. While there there was a twisty type bread roll but to tell you the truth it didn't look very appealing so we passed on it. We thought that was the pretzel roll so never asked her to bring one. Now I am so sorry I didn't as they look delicious. Oh well... next cruise! :D

I eat them any way I can.. LOL. They are literally my favorite bread. I eat them either plain or with butter.

I think split open' date=' lightly toasted with cream cheese would be incredible.[/color']

I know that back in the deli, on the Dawn, they use larger portions to make sandwiches which are delicious.

PE

OH PE... That sounds SOOOO good. I am going to see if they do that on the Star this May. I think a sandwich made from them sounds SOOO delicious.

Terry, on our PC cruise on the Star in January, the our butler brought some to our stateroom several times. They were part of the new treats that are delivered everyday. They made small sandwiches using the larger pretzel rolls. I believe there were roast beef, turkey and I think tuna. They had cheese and lettuce. They were amazing.:D Excuse me while I try to find a napkin. My mouth is watering.:o;) I can't wait until October. We'll have 14 days to endulge again. We only went to the buffet to find more pretzel rolls. Well, and bananas to make our BBC's. ;) Just a tip on the bananas. If you like them, get them early. By the time we got to day 10, bananas were becoming VERY hard to find.

I'm not declaring this the "best way" but I always sop up my mashed potatoes and brown gravy with my pretzel roll!!! Also from Philadelphia, obviously....just an fyi a Philadelphians annual pretzel consumption is over TEN times the national average!

I posted a picture of the pretzel rolls on my roll call and I was asked how you eat them. With butter, cream cheese, plain, as a sandwich???

This was the post from my roll call that prompted the question on my roll call. I borrow the picture from the food thread and added our countdown info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23674238&postcount=216

That picture was pure torture... no Wegman's here and no cruise until June.

OK, fair is fair. I feel compelled to state that I posted the original photo of the pretzel rolls but at the time I failed to credit SeaShark, who actually took the photo on his recent Star trip. He sent me the photo as a reminder of the rolls that we enjoyed on the Jewel back in September, and I promptly posted it here on CC but failed to give him photo credit. My bad.

OK, fair is fair. I feel compelled to state that I posted the original photo of the pretzel rolls but at the time I failed to credit SeaShark, who actually took the photo on his recent Star trip. He sent me the photo as a reminder of the rolls that we enjoyed on the Jewel back in September, and I promptly posted it here on CC but failed to give him photo credit. My bad.

I'm sure SeaShark understands. I did mention that I "borrowed it" but I didn't give you credit either. Sorry. :o Isn't imitation (or borrowing images) the highest form of flattery? - or something like that. ;)

Awwwwwww come on....You're KILLING me here! shootself.gif

You've got to understand.....

The Pretzel Rolls are the great "secret" pleasure of an NCL cruise. You simply cannot believe how many people don't know about them. My guess is that because they put them out with the various rolls, nobody bothers to try them. Therefore most people don't realize that these are actually soft pretzels. pant.gif

If you keep talking about them, pretty soon E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is going to know about them and then they'll constantly run out!!! angryfire.gif

We can't let that happen!!

Now everyone....go away...don't post anymore...let this thread die...keep the secret...enjoy the pretzel rolls before they are all gone! eat.gif

I'm serious! scold.gif

I eat them any way I can.. LOL. They are literally my favorite bread. .

I was so happy that on my first NCL cruise I didn't know about them and that on my second NCL cruise, I didn't discover them until the end of the voyage.

I figure this saved me at least 7 pounds :D

Now that I am aware of these delicious little pieces of heaven...well, I'm pretty much screwed. :eek:

The Pretzel Rolls are the great "secret" pleasure of an NCL cruise. You simply cannot believe how many people don't know about them. My guess is that because they put them out with the various rolls, nobody bothers to try them. Therefore most people don't realize that these are actually soft pretzels. pant.gif

If you keep talking about them, pretty soon E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is going to know about them and then they'll constantly run out!!! angryfire.gif

Now everyone....go away...don't post anymore...let this thread die...keep the secret...enjoy the pretzel rolls before they are all gone! eat.gif

I'm serious! scold.gif

Come on, fewer than 10% of all cruisers are on CC. I think we are safe.

Sorry to keep the thread alive, but I had to post and say I love your icons.

I'm serious! scold.gif

I agree!!! ;)

OK ... :mad: ... THAT'S IT.

I tried to be nice.

I tried reason.

I even appealed for the preservation of the pretzel roll supply.

But you won't stop talking about it.

If I get to the ship, and there are no pretzel rolls....

I'm going to become ANGRY.

And you won't like me when I'm angry.

hulk.gif

All this talk of the pretzel rolls might prompt NCL to make more... after all they do read this board.

Please NCL, keep making them and in huge quantities.

Exactly what I was about to post - that's looking at the positive side! :D

All this talk of the pretzel rolls might prompt NCL to make more... after all they do read this board.

Exactly what I was about to post - that's looking at the positive side! :D

Sure...sure...make sure that NCL knows we all like the Pretzel Rolls.

Just like we liked:

Mints on the pillows

Coffee pots in the rooms

Robes in the rooms

Latitude Pins

Free laundry rooms onboard

The Star's Forward Spinnaker Lounge

You know, cause we all know what happens when everyone starts liking something that is free.

With a hot dog in the middle!

I posted a picture of the pretzel rolls on my roll call and I was asked how you eat them. With butter, cream cheese, plain, as a sandwich???

Since I am new to NCL and was just sharing what I learned here on the main boards, I have to ask all of you. Inquiring minds want to know - what is the best way to eat a pretzel roll? :D

I need to address them on my comment card next time!!! :eek:

This was the post from my roll call that prompted the question on my roll call. I borrow the picture from the food thread and added our countdown info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23674238&postcount=216

Thanks for the picture. Now I will know what to look for. Five weeks from Saturday and I will be able to try some!

Archived