Tuxedo Dry Cleaning?

I just had this done. I handed it to the room steward on embarkation day. Unfortunately it was not delivered until after my dinner time the next night ... someone messed up. RCCL did reimburse me for the service after I complained (it does say delivery by 5 PM on their order form). I had my tuxedo coat and pants dry-cleaned and my tuxedo shirt washed and pressed ... $12.50 total for next-day service.

Silentbob007, if you don't mind my asking, what was the problem? I will be on the Mariner next week and was going to have my gowns cleaned as well as DH's tux but now I am not sure we will get them back in time. I have done it before but usually I have an extra day before formal night. Were they supposed to be deliverd before or by 5pm? That would work since we have late seating but do we have to have them turned in by a certain time the previous day? Thanks

Newcruiser80, I have had my formals as well as my DS's tux cleaned/pressed and they did a great job. DS's tux is a quarter of the size:D but they did a good job.

My DH had his white dinner jacket cleaned (he managed to get shrimp sauce on his sleeve),

they did a beautiful job, it came back pristine not a mark left:) We were on Enchantment.

I, also, strongly suggest you get it done on board. The service is great and it is actually less expensive than I have had it done on land. Just be sure that, if you wish to wear it the first formal night, you hand it to your room steward right when you board or at least make him or her aware of it. I've never had a problem getting the clothing back before dinner the next evening (granted...I always have late seating).

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Silentbob007, if you don't mind my asking, what was the problem? I will be on the Mariner next week and was going to have my gowns cleaned as well as DH's tux but now I am not sure we will get them back in time. I have done it before but usually I have an extra day before formal night. Were they supposed to be deliverd before or by 5pm? That would work since we have late seating but do we have to have them turned in by a certain time the previous day? Thanks

It was supposed to be delivered by 5. I called the stateroom attendant at 4:45, got the call center, and was told they would look into it and have it delivered by 6. By 5:45 I dressed and went to the Diamond lounge. It was hanging in my room when I got back. My stateroom attendant said she didn't see it until earlier. The customer relations desk told me it was her responsibility to deliver it on time.

Ha, that is funny. :D Unless your Tuxedo is one of those uppity pooches that gets special services/treatments at the doggy spa.

I thought this thread needed some light heartedness:)

A Border Collie uppity! They already know they are the smartest dog:rolleyes: His idea of a spa is to roll in dirt and mud, lay on the cat, then be dry and clean an hour later.

Archived