Paradise Beach Cozumel - anyone recently been?

Redheada

We were just there on Friday. We took an island tour and just walked around and looked at the beach, pier, pool and talked to some of the staff. They waiters seemed really nice! This is a beautiful, clean and nice pool location. I would stay here for the day!

Thanks for the update....

We are thinking of going here too but i was wondering, is there only one port in cozumel and how do you know how many ships will be in port that day? thanks!

Cozumel has 3 piers...

Puerta Maya -Carnival owns

International Pier (right next door) - RCCL owns

Punta Langousta (downtown) - Cozumel owns

YEARS ago...you would have double digit numbers of ships in port....

that was before Progreso, Costa Maya, Belize etc were open.

There is a link to show how many ships are in port...but these days...6 ships in port at once is no big deal.

http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=155

Cozumel has so much to offer....that it really disperses the crowds.

That was fast! A response from PB:

I read that cruisecritic review a week or two ago too! Sounds dreadful,

for them, the waiter, manager and anyone else who got to listen to it. Our

waiters are super sweet, professional and curteous and have 4000+

testimonials in the past few months to back that up. If they felt they

couldn´t handle the situation themselves anymore and had to get our

manager(supervisor) to speak to those people, and it escalated to raised

voices and unpleasantness, believe me, there´s a side to that story that

is not being told.

Our policy is that while you´re here enjoying our amenities that you eat

or drink (minimum $10 per person over 6 years old). Just like any

restaurant, every section has a waiter and they keep track of what´s being

ordered and what´s not. Most people run a tab all day, you don´t have to

order all $10 p/p at once or upon arrival or anything like that. You can

eat and drink on the beach, at the pool or in the restaurant or all three

too.

So hopefully this was an 'isolated' incident - perhaps we are not getting the whole picture? In any case I must have some of that coconut shrimp!....along with a drink at the swim up bar in the new pool. Will let you know how it was upon my return! :D:D

Thanks for all the info.

Yes...if we had a cruise booked going to Cozumel...Paradise Beach would be where we would be headed....

Btw, our oldest son (22) parasailed for the first time in January. All those times we had gone there and he finally took the plunge.

He had a blast.

Do you remember how much they charge for parasailing? Do you know if they do tandem parasailing (2 at a time)? It's something my 11 yr. old son and I have been wanting to do.

Do you remember how much they charge for parasailing? Do you know if they do tandem parasailing (2 at a time)? It's something my 11 yr. old son and I have been wanting to do.

When we were there in April it was $55 per person. Yes to the tandem.

Between $55 and 60 dollars. I don't know if it was $55 and son tipped them $5 (totally not required) OR if it was $60.....

They also do tandem and it is my understanding there is no price break..they just charge double the price.

Cozumel has 3 piers...

Puerta Maya -Carnival owns

International Pier (right next door) - RCCL owns

Punta Langousta (downtown) - Cozumel owns

YEARS ago...you would have double digit numbers of ships in port....

that was before Progreso, Costa Maya, Belize etc were open.

There is a link to show how many ships are in port...but these days...6 ships in port at once is no big deal.

http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=155

Cozumel has so much to offer....that it really disperses the crowds.

Thank you!!! I love that site!!! I just checked ours and we are 1 of 7 that day! Thats a lot but i think we will still go that beach cause it really does sound perfect. Are all the ports close enough. We are cruiseing NCL.

In Costa Maya we are 1 of 3. From reading other threads we might just sty near the port.

Thanks for your help!!

Between $55 and 60 dollars. I don't know if it was $55 and son tipped them $5 (totally not required) OR if it was $60.....

They also do tandem and it is my understanding there is no price break..they just charge double the price.

We paid $55 plus tip, per person. I went solo. DD's wet tandem. We were in the air about 15 minutes. Loved it.

Ok, we'll be in Cozumel 3/20. Prime spring break time. There are 4 ships in port total that day. Problem is, our ship doesn't port until noon. Would we have a chance at chairs at PB? We could reserve a spot at others, but for 1/2 day, hate to spend the $$$.

Hi, we were there last week, while on the Legend. Fabulous pool and it was heated.

Beware or the taxi driver. He tried to tell us Paradise beach had a 7.00 entrance fee, then 2.00 for the chairs, I know better, and said I didn't care take me there anyway. Of course, no 7.00, just the 2.00 for the chair. I was never asked to spend more on drinks or food. We don't drink, but did get lunch and it was great!!

Can't wait to go back!!

Cindy

Habby, LHP & Suezq,

Thanks for the info on Parasailing. I think we're going to go for it when we're there!

Absolutely go for it!

It's not nearly as terrifying as it may look.;) Seriously, it's quite peaceful once you get up in the air.

We are going to try PB in a few weeks. Can't wait and I am dying to try the food! :D Is everything cash here? I have never been anywhere in Mexico so I am not sure if I should bring a CC, DC, Traveller's checks or plain old cash??? Thank you!

We used credit card one time, cash another. Just remember with credit card there may be (probably will be) a foreign transaction fee.

Hi, we were there last week, while on the Legend. Fabulous pool and it was heated.

Beware or the taxi driver. He tried to tell us Paradise beach had a 7.00 entrance fee, then 2.00 for the chairs, I know better, and said I didn't care take me there anyway. Of course, no 7.00, just the 2.00 for the chair. I was never asked to spend more on drinks or food. We don't drink, but did get lunch and it was great!!

Can't wait to go back!!

Cindy

Some of the cabbies seem to have favorite spots to take people and will try to talk them out of going where they really want to go, just like your driver tried.

Hi all - leaving Sunday on the Voyager and we are headed to Cozumel. I had posted on the Cozumel board but wanted to see if anyone had recently been to Paradise beach. We cannot get into Nachi because they are full.

Should we go early? I am concerned about 10,000 people being in port during spring break and thinking for sure it will be busy. I don't necessarily mind that because I am brining a bunch of teens too but I think we should be getting over there sooner rather than later. Anyone have any recent experiences or comments? Thanks!

Don't worry - there ar eplenty of beaches all over cozumel. Just drive to the next one if yours is full. HAVE FUN!

Hi,

One more question about service charge for using visa. PB charges an additional 20% on top of the bill, correct?

I'm guessing that my bank will then charge me the foreign transaction fee on top of that.:eek:

Has anyone used Pesos to pay? We have never used our ATM cards and thought about trying them out in Cozumel before we head to Europe.

Thanks!

Sheal

Hi,

One more question about service charge for using visa. PB charges an additional 20% on top of the bill, correct?

I'm guessing that my bank will then charge me the foreign transaction fee on top of that.:eek:

Has anyone used Pesos to pay? We have never used our ATM cards and thought about trying them out in Cozumel before we head to Europe.

Thanks!

Sheal

We were not charged 20% by PB. We did not use a cc there, but did else where. 3% transaction charge by cc.

Hi,

Thanks!

Sheal

Call your bank before you try to use your ATM card in Mexico! :eek:

For peace of mind and to avoid the transaction fees, etc. we just bring cash with us and pay in dollars - including a good tip for good service.

Good luck! :)

We will most likely use cash and if we run low due to the other activities (parasailing, water toys, etc.) we would use our cc. Having enough for the taxi back to ship would be a good thing.

Re: the 20% service charge, it appears on their menu and I remember a thread on here 2-3 years ago when someone was hit with it.

Thanks,

Sheal

Archived