Late Flight out of Long Beach /Splendor

jfink1162

Hi ,

We are taking a cruise in May. Our flight home does not leave until 7:30 PM. What is the latest we can stay on the ship? Not sure what we will do all day with all of our luggage and no car. Thanks. :)

They will start boarding the next cruise sometime between 11:30 and noon, so you will have to be off by then. You can tour the Queen Mary which is right next door. You also might want to check the West Coast Departure board as well for ideas.

Hi ,

We are taking a cruise in May. Our flight home does not leave until 7:30 PM. What is the latest we can stay on the ship? Not sure what we will do all day with all of our luggage and no car. Thanks. :)

We just got off the Splendor and were close to the last group...it was about 10:30am....what you might consider is heading straight to the airport (which I assume is John Wayne), check your luggage in and heading out to the nearby shopping center (I think it was the Irvine Mall). They have lots of stuff to do including a movie theater....there's really not much to do at the JW airport......

We just got off the Splendor and were close to the last group...it was about 10:30am....what you might consider is heading straight to the airport (which I assume is John Wayne), check your luggage in and heading out to the nearby shopping center (I think it was the Irvine Mall). They have lots of stuff to do including a movie theater....there's really not much to do at the JW airport......

I think the op is flying out of Long Beach as their title reads...This would be too far from Santa Ana, John Wayne airport and Irvine for shopping IMO. Queen Mary is next to cruise terminal and there are restaurants and the harbor very close by. The luggage may be the issue. I know, I wouldn't be able to have much fun if I was pulling around my luggage. If you are flying out of Long Beach, you might consider dropping luggage at airport and then hop a cab and spend the day enjoying So Ca. Have fun, we were on her over Valentines Week.

We left late from Long Beach as well. We rented a car and went to Disney Land. We didn't go in but we walked Downtown Disney and watched a movie to kill time at the movie theater there. Grabbed some dinner at an In & Out by Long Beach Airport on the way back. It was fun.

Thanks everyone! This info. was really helpful! The aquarium sounds like an interesting idea especially since they will hold our luggage. We will have our 1 year old with us so this may work out well. Can't wait till the cruise!!! :)

Hi ,

We just got of Carnival Miracle Last Sat in Ft Lsuderdale. Carnival has a luggage express offer which you may be able to use. Don't know what airlines they use in Long Beach, or even if it is offered. You pay about $20 per person and any checked luggage fees your airline charges (it goes to your sign & sail card). The night before you disembark you are supplied with your boarding passes and luggage tags (Carnival makes these out with a bar code that the airline uses to attach the appropriate airline tag). You leave your luggage out that night and don't see it again until you arrive at your destination. It worked great for us, we kept one carryon bag and checked the rest (the xtra baggage charge was worth it!). Got off the ship at 9am and toured a little of the city before heading to the airport for our 5pm flight. Worked great.:p

Archived