Afternoon tea

jedling

:confused: Can anyone tell me if afternoon ' English style ' tea is served on Celebrity's Millie? When we have cruised with Princess we have always enjoyed this 'High' tea event. Thanks for your comments. :confused:

:confused: Can anyone tell me if afternoon ' English style ' tea is served on Celebrity's Millie? When we have cruised with Princess we have always enjoyed this 'High' tea event. Thanks for your comments. :confused:

Hello Jedling

They do serve afternoon tea on the Millie, but its not what I call "English Style". I suppose it depends what you have been use to. They have open sandwiches, cakes, biscuits and scones but the cream is "false," not clotted cream or even double whipped cream, and from memory I think it was mostly served in the buffet which took the the edge off having afternoon tea dining. Also if you are on early dinner the afternoon tea did not start until 3-30pm which is a little late. In my opinion not as good as Princess. We sailed on the Milllie last year whilst we where in Australia. Im sure it wont spoil your cruise and afternoon tea is always handy if you miss lunch. Have a good trip.

Just off the Millennium and they held a nice afternoon tea in the main dinning room (near the captains table on the 4th deck). We've been on Princess and Celebrity and find the afternoon tea on Celebrity just a little nicer.

I believe there were two afternoon teas, both on sea days. Keep a close eye or you might miss them.

We were fortunate enough to be in the penthouse suite on the past Millie sailing and as such, our very nice butler, Elmario, brought the tea cart into our room everyday around 3:30. It was quite nice. Tea, small sandwiches, cookies, etc., etc. We looked forward to it everyday.

Mark

Afternoon tea and High tea actually aren't the same thing :P though many people think of 'high' as the traditional 3pm tea. It's actually the early evening meal like supper. I'm just being a stickler - I enjoy tea whether it be morning, low or high :)

Your not being a stickler at all.. just plain even and correct.

What breeds do you have ? We bred and have Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier's.

Are you going or showing this May on the House and Garden tour days there in your islands?;)

We will miss it on this next ship trip there ( the 09/012001 a.d. ) Summit. As she arrives, God willing on the next day Thursday, scheduled at 5:00 pm edt. I wish all the sites would show Atlantic Time too...:eek::eek:

Afternoon tea and High tea actually aren't the same thing :P though many people think of 'high' as the traditional 3pm tea. It's actually the early evening meal like supper. I'm just being a stickler - I enjoy tea whether it be morning, low or high :)

Your not being a stickler at all.. just plain even and correct.

What breeds do you have ? We bred and have Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier's.

Are you going or showing this May on the House and Garden tour days there in your islands?;)

We will miss it on this next ship trip there ( the 09/012001 a.d. ) Summit. As she arrives, God willing on the next day Thursday, scheduled at 5:00 pm edt. I wish all the sites would show Atlantic Time too...:eek::eek:

I think the thing that gets me most about most cruise teas is the lack of real cream - I'm a sucker for it!

We have Flatcoated Retrievers - a liver and a black.

And as for Bermuda - no we don't open our garden up to the tours in May. But aren't those hidden gems? I'm never sure how well things like this get promoted on the ships that visit here. We're looking forward to cruising season starting here on the island. X visitors are always some of the friendliest we get. :)

Yes having real cream is devine. Not what they call that mix..eh..

Your FlatCoated are a wonderful breed!

Yes your gardens are some of the nicest in the World to me.

On any Commercial Cruise Ship only the ones which do there own due diligence well know much more of whats out and about there and/or anywhere.

;)

Life, love and cruising are what we make of it.:cool:

I think the thing that gets me most about most cruise teas is the lack of real cream - I'm a sucker for it!

We have Flatcoated Retrievers - a liver and a black.

And as for Bermuda - no we don't open our garden up to the tours in May. But aren't those hidden gems? I'm never sure how well things like this get promoted on the ships that visit here. We're looking forward to cruising season starting here on the island. X visitors are always some of the friendliest we get. :)

Is it the same on the S class ships? I was hoping that there would be somewhere where we could get a sit down afternoon tea during sea days on our Eclipse cruise, self-service buffet wasn't what I was looking for really.

On the QM2 we had afternoon tea in the Tod English restaurant every sea day and it was delightful. They don't do cover charges on afternoon tea so it meant we could make full use of that restaurant without paying anything extra. :)

We just got off the Mille. Our Caribbean itinerary was very intensive and there were only 2 sea days towards the end of the cruise. On this cruise they did not have an open "High Tea" (called Elegant Tea on Celebrity) for all passengers but did have one for higher level Captains Club members. If this is important to you, and they don't have an open Elegant Tea on your cruise, I'd suggest you ask about it with your dining room Maitre d', the Specialty Restaurant Maitre d' and/or customer relations. While I don't know for a fact I'd guess you might get an invitation.

They do have a "tea" in the buffet every day with tea sandwiches and desserts and on our most recent cruise they even had scones with jam and something close to, but not exactly, clotted cream. But of course tea from the buffet is nothing like the Elegant Tea service in the dining rooms.

On this cruise they did not have an open "High Tea" (called Elegant Tea on Celebrity) for all passengers but did have one for higher level Captains Club members. If this is important to you, and they don't have an open Elegant Tea on your cruise, I'd suggest you ask about it with your dining room Maitre d', the Specialty Restaurant Maitre d' and/or customer relations. While I don't know for a fact I'd guess you might get an invitation.

They do have a "tea" in the buffet every day with tea sandwiches and desserts and on our most recent cruise they even had scones with jam and something close to, but not exactly, clotted cream. But of course tea from the buffet is nothing like the Elegant Tea service in the dining rooms.

This is a good idea to ask the Maitre d'. Two years ago we were on Century and I asked about tea in the dining room and was told it was only for "Elite" passengers. It was a 5 night cruise. I went to the dining room one afternoon to take some photos and on the way out stopped and asked the Matre d' if this was a longer cruise would they invite all guests to afternoon tea? He said they did on 7 nights and longer. He asked why I wanted to know and if I wanted to go to Elegant tea because I could go as his guest. He asked my stateroom number and told me when it was the next day. I just showed up and they were not checking at the door. It was mt first cruise on Celebrity and Captains Club hostess came by all the tables (all 6 of them) and asked me how everything was etc.

I still can't believe that celebrity wants you to be on your 11th cruise (or less if in Suites or longer cruises) to go to Elegant Tea. Azamara invites all guests to Elegant tea. This will only get changed if more people voice their opinion.

Thanks for the lecture - I thought I was back at school !

Chill your beans - Its only tea!

We just got off the Mille. Our Caribbean itinerary was very intensive and there were only 2 sea days towards the end of the cruise. On this cruise they did not have an open "High Tea" (called Elegant Tea on Celebrity) for all passengers but did have one for higher level Captains Club members. If this is important to you, and they don't have an open Elegant Tea on your cruise, I'd suggest you ask about it with your dining room Maitre d', the Specialty Restaurant Maitre d' and/or customer relations. While I don't know for a fact I'd guess you might get an invitation.

:)Thanks Lsimon

I always find your posts really helpful,interesting and positive. So glad to hear you had a good cruise on Millie. We shall be setting sail on her soon.:p

Hi Just back off the Millie - Southern Caribbean, they did an 'elegent afternoon tea' on one afternoon in the resturant the rest of the time it was in the buffet, was ok but don't expect normal sanwiches, just mini open bit sized bread with toppings, nice mini cakes though, scones were ok, again not proper cream which was a shame, great cookies if you like just simple tea, ask for the English breakfast tea but they do have a wide selection of others....enjoy!!

Hi Just back off the Millie - Southern Caribbean, they did an 'elegent afternoon tea' on one afternoon in the resturant the rest of the time it was in the buffet, was ok but don't expect normal sanwiches, just mini open bit sized bread with toppings, nice mini cakes though, scones were ok, again not proper cream which was a shame, great cookies if you like just simple tea, ask for the English breakfast tea but they do have a wide selection of others....enjoy!!

Hi Amanda & Drew! I didn't realize that they did have an open tea until I saw your post. I guess it was the same time as the tea in thy Olympic for Captains Club Elite. It was great meeting you guys on the cruise.

Archived