Jean in the MDR?

CRUISING71

According to the Carnival dress guideline, you can wear jean to the MDR except for elegant night. But you can't wear cut off jean? Is cut off jean and capri jean are the same thing?

Can I get away with nice, clean capri jean? Of course no hole or ragged.

Yes jeans are OK and capris are fine too. But -- at the risk of being flamed -- on our recent Pride cruise, I wore dockers/khakis on the cruise casual nites and asked my family to dress similar. Compromised with DS who wore neat, black jeans. But I liken this to going out to eat at a nice restuarant, and am old-fashioned enough to agree with those who think that it is ok to expect folks to dress nicely for dinner. That will vary by taste and mood I know -- but I would not wear jeans, cut off or otherewise, to MDR.

I wear khakis every night to the MDR, even on Cruise Elegant night. The days of me hauling my tux around is over and we've done the elegant thing enough on a cruise. We recommend that everyone do it at least once - the experience and pictures are priceless.

Nowadays you will see EVERYTHING in the MDR. Last week I saw more cut off jeans, flip flops, and tank tops than I ever saw and nobody says a thing. The oddest picture was a table for 6 next to us where 2 couples were in gowns and tuxedos and 1 couple looked like they literally just strolled in from the pool. To each his own I guess.

According to the Carnival dress guideline, you can wear jean to the MDR except for elegant night. But you can't wear cut off jean? Is cut off jean and capri jean are the same thing?

Yes, capri jeans (or crop jeans) are fine on casual nights.

Carnival rules on :cut offs: is mainly refering to shorts.

As long as your jeans are hemmed...not a problem.

You can't be serious:confused:

Not if you want to dress to impress.

Absolutely. You aren't getting away with anything - they are allowed, period. It isn't a job interview.

Don't flame me...Mom already did when I called and talk to her. My ear still hurt. Fine..no jean what so ever in the MDR.

I just thought since we are on vacation and all...just want to relax and not packing too much.

I won't even bother packing jean then.

Don't flame me...Mom already did when I called and talk to her. My ear still hurt. Fine..no jean what so ever in the MDR.

I just thought since we are on vacation and all...just want to relax and not packing too much.

Take jeans if you want to wear jeans. If Carnival says it's okay, forget everyone else's opinions. You're on vacation.

Sounds like mom has style! :)

Good for your mom! Sounds like me...No jeans or shorts in the diningroom for any member of my family....Won't kill them

Relax and bring your jeans (that is if you know the difference between cut offs;)) Jeans have been allowed in the main dining room on Carnival for casual nites as long as we have been cruising, (12 years) before they actually put the word in the dress code.....I believe they finally added it so the nay sayers would stfu;)

Our group has always worn nice jeans on casual nites and now some are wearing the allowed shorts.......relax and enjoy your vacation.

I have cruised on Carnival since the Mardi Gras, been aboard the Freedom of the Seas (from the other guys) and have never in 34 years seen cut-off jeans.

In fact, I haven't seen a pair of them on anyone in a really long time!

How about a CC award for the first person to post a pic of someone aboard wearing them anywhere, regardless of dining preference :)

I wore a pair of black jeans with a fine line of sequins down the seam and a pretty blouse and heels. Thought it beat the young man I saw with the gym shorts, obnoxious t shirt and backwards baseball cap!:D

I have cruised on Carnival since the Mardi Gras, been aboard the Freedom of the Seas (from the other guys) and have never in 34 years seen cut-off jeans.

In fact, I haven't seen a pair of them on anyone in a really long time!

How about a CC award for the first person to post a pic of someone aboard wearing them anywhere, regardless of dining preference :)

Wow - Never seen Jeans? We see them on EVERY cruise we take and are amazed each time that nobody at the hostess stand says a word to the cut off jeans, shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc.

Wow - Never seen Jeans? We see them on EVERY cruise we take and are amazed each time that nobody at the hostess stand says a word to the cut off jeans' date=' shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc.[/quote']

I see jeans/shorts when I look in the mirror before dinner on non-formal/elegant nights.

My post referred to cut-off's. You knew that...

Wow, do you have mommy issues? Are you not capable of reading the dress code and seeing what is allowed?Or do you need your mommy's permission or imput to do that.

Jeans are allowed.

Steve

Wow, do you have mommy issues? Are you not capable of reading the dress code and seeing what is allowed?Or do you need your mommy's permission or imput to do that.

Jeans are allowed.

Steve

LOL.

If the bar of a parents dress code is lower than an establishments dress code, it's time to brush up.

In this instance, it's refreshing to see the parents dress code is higher than this establishments dress code.

And yes, jeans are allowed on casual night. They are only restricted on Elegant night.

No reason to have to pack more clothes. Leave the jeans home and bring a pair of Khaki pants...You are going where it is 80 to 90 degrees. Khaki is a lot cooler than jeans...:rolleyes:

How about leave the khaki's home and bring the jeans:D I really don't think it is 80 to 90 degrees inside the ship......do you:confused:

Archived