Question for anyone that has drove from St. Louis to Mobile!

Pattyjo9951

We are driving next week from St. louis to Mobile and looking for the best way to go. We have heard of about three different ways to take and we are not sure which way to go now. We want the fastest way to get there! We are also still looking for hotels to stay at our first night. We just want a cheap one and it does not have to have a parking package because we are going to drive to the pier. Thanks so Much!! :)

Hi guys,

We drove to Mobile twice from north central Arkansas. Went to Memphis, went south on I 55 to Jackson, took 49 from Jackson to Hattiesburg and 98 from Hatties to Mobile. The roads are good until about 20 miles out of Mobile. Decent drive and you are looking at about 6 1/2 to 7 hours from Memphis.

The one hotel that sticks in my mind that has free parking is the Raddison Admiral Semmes. Check it out online. There is a parking garage across the street and I believe that you can leave your car there even if you don't stay at the hotel. It isn't far to the Port.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Missouri and our group drove to Mobile for our cruise in Feb. this year. Memphis to Tupelo, then south to Mobile cuts off an hour or so. (Don't forget to stop at the Shell station at the first Holly Springs exit passed Memphis for really good BBQ! You're probably thinking- BBQ at a gas station? Me, too! But it's wonderful!)

I'm from Missouri and our group drove to Mobile for our cruise in Feb. this year. Memphis to Tupelo, then south to Mobile cuts off an hour or so. (Don't forget to stop at the Shell station at the first Holly Springs exit passed Memphis for really good BBQ! You're probably thinking- BBQ at a gas station? Me, too! But it's wonderful!)

Hey, it's great to see postings from others in Missour! We (my DD and I) are driving to New Orleans next month for our Triumph cruise! So where are all of you from in Missouri? We actually live in St. Charles, anyone familiar with the area?

Sue

Hey, it's great to see postings from others in Missour! We (my DD and I) are driving to New Orleans next month for our Triumph cruise! So where are all of you from in Missouri? We actually live in St. Charles, anyone familiar with the area?

Sue

We are from the Imperial area!! I am very familiar with St. Charles!! Have fun on your cruise, we are already looking at booking another one!!

I got a room at the Holiday Inn Superdome for $112.87 total, and that includes parking during the cruise! They have a shuttle that will take you to the port (at no charge), as well to anywhere downtown, including the French Quarter.

If you figure that parking at the port will cost you $80 during a 5-day cruise, that's like getting the hotel room for $31.87!!!

:cool:Bill

I got a room at the Holiday Inn Superdome for $112.87 total, and that includes parking during the cruise! They have a shuttle that will take you to the port (at no charge), as well to anywhere downtown, including the French Quarter.

If you figure that parking at the port will cost you $80 during a 5-day cruise, that's like getting the hotel room for $31.87!!!

We also got the same deal for our 5/22 cruise, but we will be staying 2 nights prior to the cruise - can't wai!

Sue

Seaborn...I'm originally from Jefferson City...have lots of family in the St. Charles Area. Now I am living in Baton rouge...luckily for me only an hours drive to NOLA for the triumph! Have fun driving down, and enjoy our southern hospitality!!!

Seaborn...I'm originally from Jefferson City...have lots of family in the St. Charles Area. Now I am living in Baton rouge...luckily for me only an hours drive to NOLA for the triumph! Have fun driving down, and enjoy our southern hospitality!!!

You are definitely fortunate to have such a short drive! Well, even though we will have a long drive, it is still better than being at work! Oh, I love the southern hospitality! I am actually from Chattanooga, TN so am very familiar with it, even though now I have been in Missouri most of my life!

Sue

We are driving next week from St. louis to Mobile and looking for the best way to go. We have heard of about three different ways to take and we are not sure which way to go now. We want the fastest way to get there! We are also still looking for hotels to stay at our first night. We just want a cheap one and it does not have to have a parking package because we are going to drive to the pier. Thanks so Much!! :)

Patty, I've made that trip many, many times. Here's my route, and it's divided four-lane 99% of the way:

I-55 south to Jackson, MS

I-20 est approximately ¼\½-mile to HYWY 49S

HYWY 49 South to Hattiesburg

HYWY 98 East to I-65

I-65 South to I-10 East

Get off I-10 at the Water Street Exit and you will be in front of both the cruise terminal (on Right) and the Radison Hotel (on left), where you can park your car for the duration of the cruise.

Hope this helped.

Hi Bill, The OP is sailing out of Mobile, not New Orleans. :)

Archived