Legend Itinerary Days Changed ???

Does anyone know why the days the Legend visits Belize and Roatan got swapped (at least it has on the May 30th sailing)? It used to go to Belize on Thursday and Roatan on Friday but now they've swapped them and it means we get to Roatan at 11:00 now instead of 8:00...not sure it matters too much, but we were just curious!

Possibly too many ships were going to be in those ports on the same day. On the Pride to the Mexican Riviera once we had to swap ports due to too many ships porting on the same day. I'd rather they swap port days than cancel them .... JMHO.

Does anyone know why the days the Legend visits Belize and Roatan got swapped (at least it has on the May 30th sailing)? It used to go to Belize on Thursday and Roatan on Friday but now they've swapped them and it means we get to Roatan at 11:00 now instead of 8:00...not sure it matters too much, but we were just curious!

I just checked my cruise that leaves on the 22nd - mine was switched too. It looks like out of 5 cruises, only 2 have the original schedule. Looks like I have to switch around my private excursions!

Wow, glad you noticed and said something. My has changed as well (July 25th). I hoped they would have notified us :confused:, but as someone stated, I'll take the change over a cancellation.

I too am also sailing on the 25th!

One thing that hasn't changed is that I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow morning - ALOHA!!!

I too am also sailing on the 25th!

One thing that hasn't changed is that I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow morning - ALOHA!!!

Oh, that's not nice to rub our face in it! Always wanted to go to Hawaii, enjoy the trip. ALOHA. :)

I had to check on our schedule for May 2nd and it is still the same. Here is a copy of our schedule

May 04 Grand Cayman 7:00 am depart 4:00 pm

May 05 Cozumel 10:00 am depart 6:00 pm

May 06 Belize 8:00 am depart 5:00 pm

May 07 Roatan 8:00 am depart 3:00 pm

Dave

I had to check on our schedule for May 2nd and it is still the same. Here is a copy of our schedule

Dave

Right, if you bring up the Legend Itinerary view, you'll see several sailings have remained the same (original) but the majority have changed. The 5 sailing weeks in May, 2 are original schedule, the other 3 have changed.

Interesting, DH and DS13 are sailing 4/4 on the Legend and they still have the original itinerary. DS15 and I sail the following week on 4/11 and ours has changed to Roatan then Belize. If you go to the Carnival website and search for cruises, they split out the Legend cruises in April into 2 different groups. We are doing ship dive excursions so hopefully this won't affect our dives!

I read yesterday in Carnival's report (it was a "Sticky" on the Carnival board - but I don't see it now) that they were changing their itineraries in order to cut fuel costs...so this change might be due to that.

Ashley :)

Dave

We still have this same ischedules for our May 16 Legend cruise.

I just checked my cruise that leaves on the 22nd - mine was switched too. It looks like out of 5 cruises, only 2 have the original schedule. Looks like I have to switch around my private excursions!

Umm, Kelly.. if you get to the port on the 22nd you may have a long wait :D

They switched my days for Roatan & belize also. I sail on 4/11. I'm calling now to verify. Had a private excursion planned in Belize also. UGHHH! :mad:

OK, I just called Carnival. the 4/11 sailing of the Legend now has us in Isla Roatan on Thursday at 11am - 6pm and in Belize on Friday from 8am - 5pm. The rest of the itinerary is the same. The rep. said she had no explanation why they changed it either. Hope I can still get my cave tubing/ziplining excursion in Belize. That's my next call.

...I just would have rather done Roatan last...simply because I prefer it to Belize...

I agree, as I know many do not get off the ship at Belize simply because Belize sucks. So if Belize is the last PoC and you stay onboard then you virtually have two sea days in a row without a PoC. :(

Hmmm. That's interesting. It might explain why yesterday when I tried to book a Carnival excursion for our Belize day, I noticed that Belize and Roatan weren't showing up. I could only book excursions for Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

I'm off to check our itinerary now.

Maggie

WOW I thought I was loosing it. It changed in just a day. I had started up talks with Victor Bodden and said we would be there on Friday the 14th of May, then when I went to Carnival website I noted the difference and thought that I had made the mistake. Wish they would have notified me.

Archived